Name That Storm

F'Kinarseholes the wind up here in the Norf tonight is a right bastrad, fcuking vicious gusts of wind blowing non stop. The wind sounds sort of angry in a pissed off sort of way; if that makes any sense.

No rain yet, but it will be hard to get a decent nights kip with that wind, a minute ago I thought the windows were coming in.

Did I mention the wind?

sand_rat

Old-Salt
F'Kinarseholes the wind up here in the Norf tonight is a right bastrad, fcuking vicious gusts of wind blowing non stop. The wind sounds sort of angry in a pissed off sort of way; if that makes any sense.

No rain yet, but it will be hard to get a decent nights kip with that wind, a minute ago I thought the windows were coming in.

Did I mention the wind?
There's some terrible wind up here in Cumbria just now . . . but I blame last nights home made curry . . .

Yes I know, hat, coat, taxi . . .

Did I mention the wind?
Cut down on the bean\pulses intake.

or move.somewhere civilsed

Did I mention the wind?
Around midnight in Falkirk that squall was nothing I'd ever seen before, so much so it was actually bending the DG windows west-facing. It was a freak mini cyclone of sorts. You'd think someone had turned a Karcher onto them.
Amazingly, checked the garden out buildings, summer house etc this morning, but given they were custom built thick cedar efforts, no damage.

++ Was set to go to early doors ( in a shortened suspension Roadster:oops:) to Onich on Monday...but looking at Monday's forecast the duvet beckons++.

Last edited:
Looks like we are getting a bit of a downpour starting at 3am Sunday morning. It also looks like it's in for the day dropping about 60mm of rain in about 12 hours.

Glad I'm not living further downstream tbh. I'm 200 metres away from the river, but about a 100 metres above it.

Looks like we are getting a bit of a downpour starting at 3am Sunday morning. It also looks like it's in for the day dropping about 60mm of rain in about 12 hours.

Glad I'm not living further downstream tbh. I'm 200 metres away from the river, but about a 100 metres above it.
Ditto!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The MAN! :-D
I've actually got a huge slab of fine Suffolk oak as a result of some big forest there that got badly battered.
Seems a lot of oak trees were felled.
Local cabinet maker seemingly hauled some mega logs up.
Now his son takes cuttings from them for furniture
Makes a fine garden seat.
See your other garden furniture got blown to fcuk....
Only one chair left, you must be gutted....

So the storm is over and most if us are still here.

But the devastation is left behind for all to see...
20200223_141358.jpg

The doris next door is not a happy bunny.

Shame.

TamH70

MIA
It's been relatively quiet up here today. Not too windy, a bit sunny, which since I'm of the opinion that if the Sun had a throat I'd quite happily run it across with a straight razor a few times, is about as much use to me as tits on a bull.

Cue the deluge tomorrow afternoon when I'm walking down to my new college course.

Bugger.

Very fine misty "Sennybridge" rain here first thing this morning. Now it's quite a pleasant afternoon.
So much for the supposed biblical downpours that were forecast, FFS I could have gone fishing.

Very fine misty "Sennybridge" rain here first thing this morning. Now it's quite a pleasant afternoon.
So much for the supposed biblical downpours that were forecast, FFS I could have gone fishing.
Drove through Taffs Well and Nantgarw earlier. Peoples wrecked possessions are piled into skips awaiting collection and mud everywhere. Very sad but glad we are on the side of a hill.

ETA: all the car dealerships in Treforest are wrecked too.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

BopBopBop

War Hero
I can recommend Netweather Storm Radar (other apps available) if you want to know if your going to need your brolly or rubber dinghy.

Kirkz

LE
I can recommend Netweather Storm Radar (other apps available) if you want to know if your going to need your brolly or rubber dinghy.

I use rain alarm and find it pretty good.
Rain Alarm

Did I mention the wind?
I was out single crewed on Friday, at one stage, the wind hit over 70mph on a bridge on the M6, it was horrendous!

Latest Threads