Name That Storm

Storm Dennis?

What ******* storm?

The weather on the Northumberland coast this weekend is so bad I've only managed to get out for 2 runs, several long walks with the hounds and washed the car.

It did however rain slightly at around 0500 hrs this morning.
Here in East Sussex we've had strong winds, not as bad as last week though.Some heavy rain showers.Actually starting to brighten up now.
Also we've not had any power cuts.Three last Sunday, started at noon.Messed up my Yorkshire puddings that did.

Kirkz

LE
It rained here in Preston, that's about it.
Can't say I'd call it a storm just normal winter weather.

IMG-20200216-WA0009.jpg

River near to me. That pipe is usually about 7 feet above the water. The river itself starts about 2 miles upstream then merges with another river about 2 miles downstream.
Crickhowell and Abergavenny are flooded, so are parts of Monmouth. South Wales police have declared a major incident.

Stepson is stuck in a flooded house in pontypridd, but he's happy as he's up to his nuts in guts in one of his female university friends. Jammy little git.

Spare a thought for us less fortunate
It's bloody 18 degrees here in Albufeira , I got a bit sunburned and the red wine has to be a bit chilled to make it drinkable

Don't know if we'll make it through to mid March

We're OK now flood wise - we're more concerned with landslides - had a fatality earlier this year from one we had to deal with.
There's been a substantial one on the Coity mountain above Big Pit in Blaenavon.

Keepers Road over the Blorenge is shut as well. Got logged last year, landslides have closed it, ambulances are diverting to the RGH because they can't get down the mountain.

Dennis has brought an unwanted gift to the residents of Ballycotton in East Cork. An 80-metre cargo ship which had been abandoned and adrift in the mid-Atlantic for over a year turned up high and dry on rocks at 5pm today.

Knowing our luck it was full of Zombies or plague rats or something.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Dennis has brought an unwanted gift to the residents of Ballycotton in East Cork. An 80-metre cargo ship which had been abandoned and adrift in the mid-Atlantic for over a year turned up high and dry on rocks at 5pm today.

Oh, you've already checked the containers then?

Just heard that the bridge above is now closed until further notice as it's been damaged.
I think every bridge is a definite check for damage tbh. The amount of rain falling on the Heads of the Valleys has had over the past 48 hours.
I'm on the headwaters of the Ebbw, 2 miles away from the source of the river. Its risen by 6 feet, spate river but that's going downstream rapidly.

mattB101

Old-Salt
View attachment 450203

River near to me. That pipe is usually about 7 feet above the water. The river itself starts about 2 miles upstream then merges with another river about 2 miles downstream.
Crickhowell and Abergavenny are flooded, so are parts of Monmouth. South Wales police have declared a major incident.

Stepson is stuck in a flooded house in pontypridd, but he's happy as he's up to his nuts in guts in one of his female university friends. Jammy little git.
Drove through Monmouth earlier and the playing fields by Lidl are completely submerged which is quite impressive

I bet it's full of Pikeys.