Name That Storm

TamH70

MIA
Storm Dennis has arrived in full force in Paisley. The wind is bad enough, but the noise of the rain hitting my living room window right now could be best described as "Holy fuckballs, I hope the seals of the double glazing hold up or I'm going to get soaked."

On BBC news weather.
South Wales has had 40mm of rain already, there's transport disruption, power outages and rivers have breached their banks.

The forecast is for between a 100 and a 120 mm of rain to fall in the next 24 hours. I'm glad I live right up above the valley. There's two rivers converge at the bottom of the road, that's going to be interesting for the houses and the Rugby club just downstream from there.

I'm working in Grimsby tomorrow. No doubt another interesting journey with the weather. No flood warnings as yet for the M18 and M180.

The River Usk has burst its banks near to Trecastle and between Bwlch & Brecon. I should Imagine Llanfoist is going to be rather high.
The Taf is very near to the top of the bank in Treforest.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

We seem to be quite sheltered by the Pennines in Durham, lot's of wind and rain, but nowhere near as bad as a lot of poor souls.

Leccy's working and the wood burner's blazing away.

Watching the beeb news. Fuck me, can you imagine how massive a meltdown they'd have if this country was ever going to be hit by a full-on, top of the range hurricane?

Lets see now.

1) It's going to rain a lot and
2) it's also going to be very windy so
3) low-ish lying areas are going to get flooded and
4) some trees will get blown over, with some property damage and of course
5) the railways will be fucked and some roads flooded.

Just a normal winter then.

Watching the beeb news. **** me, can you imagine how massive a meltdown they'd have if this country was ever going to be hit by a full-on, top of the range hurricane?

Lets see now.

1) It's going to rain a lot and
2) it's also going to be very windy so
3) low-ish lying areas are going to get flooded and
4) some trees will get blown over, with some property damage and of course
5) the railways will be fucked and some roads flooded.

Just a normal winter then.
Beeb are just desperate for new news to fill their various news type programmes. It's a bit like being desperate for a shag when you haven't had one for a while.

Well it looks like storm Dennis is officially over, based on BBC news having stopped mentioning it to blather endlessly on and on about some dead tart.

chimera

LE
Just scanning the news today and I am surprised that Rebecca Long-Bailey hasn't blamed Storm Dennis on Boris Johnson (or Margaret Thatcher)

I am sure that we shall soon see David Lammy putting out a statement that Storm Dennis is racist because not enough BAME people have been flooded out.

Just scanning the news today and I am surprised that Rebecca Long-Bailey hasn't blamed Storm Dennis on Boris Johnson (or Margaret Thatcher)

I am sure that we shall soon see David Lammy putting out a statement that Storm Dennis is racist because not enough BAME people have been flooded out.
Yes, but, but, that is because they are all in cladded tower blocks waiting to be burnt to a crisp, there won't be any chance of buckshee compensation for them and the 40 relatives visiting their flat if the rain keeps up.

I may, of course, have made that bit up, but it's what Mr, totally unbiased and definitely not racist, Lammy would be thinking.

The storm can crack on without me getting wet and blown off my feet on Shap, I'm off duty until nights on Monday. It should have passed by then, it's lovely and warm and dry in my living room. ;)

Tool

LE
It's been blowing since mid-afternoon here in web-foot land. Supposed gusts to 45mph but I think it may be about 10mph faster than that. Not much rain over the past 24 hours.

On BBC news weather.
South Wales has had 40mm of rain already, there's transport disruption, power outages and rivers have breached their banks.

The forecast is for between a 100 and a 120 mm of rain to fall in the next 24 hours. I'm glad I live right up above the valley. There's two rivers converge at the bottom of the road, that's going to be interesting for the houses and the Rugby club just downstream from there.
Rugby Club could be a bit further downstream by morning then...

Latest Threads