Name That Storm

Got happy memories of kayaking round the IOW, could easily do it in a day if you didn't mess the tides up
Might have been a bit hairy yesterday or today!
The latter picture shows the Mermaid rock at Freshwater Bay; there used to be another one near it called Arch rock ( for pretty obvious reasons). It collapsed in stormy weather a few years ago.

Well, seeing as how large parts of the roofing for several houses down the row have gone airborne.... Storm Ciara is renamed "Storm Barrow Fucker".

Hopefully, I shall awake in the morning to find 90% of the town (basically everywhere that isn't the Costa del Walney) washed away and the locals desperately applying their webbed feet mutations in a vain effort to survive :p

Well, seeing as how large parts of the roofing for several houses down the row have gone airborne.... Storm Ciara is renamed "Storm Barrow ******".

Hopefully, I shall awake in the morning to find 90% of the town (basically everywhere that isn't the Costa del Walney) washed away and the locals desperately applying their webbed feet mutations in a vain effort to survive :p
To be fair, Barrow was well fucked before Ciara hit it! :D

In West Lothian we had heavy rain and strong winds since early afternoon on Saturday, with many roads covered in deep ponds. That petered out on Sunday evening. Today has been heavy snowfall on and off all day that has settled to about 2-3 inches even on the very wet ground. In the midst of one of the heavy snowfalls this afternoon we also had thunder and lightning.
Thundersnow - quite unusual. You should do the lottery.

NSP

LE
Blowing a hooley down here in the Tone Vale.

If you switch it from wind to swell there's some pretty tasty seas running at the moment.

Thundersnow - quite unusual. You should do the lottery.
Funnily enough the last time I went to Manchester around this time last year I experienced thunder snow whilst loading the van with a load of metal staging. Never heard of it before. It's pretty dangerous in comparison to normal thunder and lightning. If you can hear the clap of thunder you are within 3 miles of a strike. Carrying 8 foot by 2 foot metal framing might not be the best idea and I had a moment of quiet reflection on that when I found out the dangers.

Last night's bit of wind and rain dying over the UK this morning while Dennis gears up in mid Atlantic. The Met Office has wind and rain warning for much of the UK from Saturday and Sunday.

sand_rat

Old-Salt
"Grim_Squeaker85, post: 9826104, member: 82528"]
Well, seeing as how large parts of the roofing for several houses down the row have gone airborne.... Storm Ciara is renamed "Storm Barrow ******".

Being an old 'Barrow bastard' my self, from my ARRSE name bet you can tell where I am as I type . . .

Where’s all this wind and rain? That’s what I want to know

Where’s all this wind and rain? That’s what I want to know
Weather warnings for the UK come into effect at midday.

Ireland's were from 0300 and the wind is just picking up now. The forecast is for very squally Southerly winds veering Southwesterly with mean speeds 50 to 65 km/hr gusting to around 100 km/hr on exposed coasts and hills. The storm centre will be north of the UK so it will probably feel like nothing out of the ordinary for most of us.

Starting to rain heavily and the wind is picking up. Just on the Southern edge of the Brecon Beacons.
Forecast a month's worth of rain in 24hrs.
Today, I shall mostly be sat in my armchair with a brew next to the fire.

Fluvius Otter a Bahamian registered cargo ship currently sheltering from Dennis behind the Old Head of Kinsale, Co. Cork. Presumably harbours all over the gaff are full to the neck this morning.

Met Office video of the track of Storm Dennis. Iceland is in for another hammering.

DTBA

War Hero
The BBC are interviewing people in Myhtolmroyd and the surrounding area. Not a single one with a Yorkshire accent. Lots of excitable middle class people, though.

Got to drive along the coast roads of North Wales to collect the missus, I'll see if it's as the weather is as bad as the local press are wetting themselves about

Latest Threads