Name That Storm

philc

LE
For all you RNLI lovers, out to rescue one idiot surfer.

TamH70

MIA
Quite a few fields round here looking like that too.
Just got an email from Cumbria police, they're working with residents on Warwick Road in Carlisle near the football ground to try and stop them flooding again, and that's with the new flood defences! During the big flood in 2005, the flood waters were level with the motorway!

TamH70

MIA
Just got an email from Cumbria police, they're working with residents on Warwick Road in Carlisle near the football ground to try and stop them flooding again, and that's with the new flood defences! During the big flood in 2005, the flood waters were level with the motorway!
Hope the flood cleans out the public toilets in Carlisle. Last time I was there they were filthier than Katie Price's mind.

Sheffield to Manchester was as much fun as I expected. I was down by the airport when the wind hit the upper 80s mph. Add in horizontal rain and a couple of massive thunderstorms it made for a cracking day out if you like grotty weather like I do.

NSP

LE
Some good pics here:-

Quite a lot of places under some quite deep water at the moment, it seems.

We've had a few bridges washed away up here, who'd think you get wet weather in winter

It's a shock I tell you
The last bridge we had washed away took the poor police officer, who was stopping traffic, with it to his death. :(
The-destroyed-Northside-b-001.jpg

TamH70

MIA
It would though Tam.
View attachment 448927

You'll need to move some day mate. :oops:
Will I nip along with some extra pegs and soup?
A tent is it? Luxury that is. I'll have you know I spent my childhood walking five miles to the school, and six miles back home, uphill all the way, through fifteen feet of snow and facing one hundred miles an hour winds, wearing nowt but a string vest, black plimsolls and my mother's old gym shorts.

I would have been glad to have been allowed to dream of living in a tent instead of the condemned shoe-box with both walls missing and no roof that was all my evil grandmother could afford - and that was luxury accommodation when it came to my old village life in Neilston.

Besides, helpful handy hint, that's Glasgow, that is.

A tent is it? Luxury that is. I'll have you know I spent my childhood walking five miles to the school, and six miles back home, uphill all the way, through fifteen feet of snow and facing one hundred miles an hour winds, wearing nowt but a string vest, black plimsolls and my mother's old gym shorts.

I would have been glad to have been allowed to dream of living in a tent instead of the condemned shoe-box with both walls missing and no roof that was all my evil grandmother could afford - and that was luxury accommodation when it came to my old village life in Neilston.

Besides, helpful handy hint, that's Glasgow, that is.
I ken it's Glasgow..but the MorrisPrancers won't...mostly.
Neilston indeed?
First proper burd came from there.
Pot fugly looking back but worth it in other ways. ;)
Trains were miserable, smelly ,and cold.
Just like her Mum.

Down by here in SW Wales, the 72 hour Maritime forecast is a thing of beauty: F8 going 9 for the rest of the day and tripping over into tomorrow. Outer Bristol Channel is predicting much the same with wave heights given as 5m and more-that's a lot of wave when trying to bring a 40' crab boat around St David's Head.

Last edited:

Latest Threads