Name That Storm

Be gone tomorrow. Your house that is ;-)
You joke but to get a mortgage on the place we had to promise to repair the roof before the final tranche would be released, all through previous storm damage, It does get a bit windy here being up high unsurprisingly

Better than the people on the flood plains around us though, at least we could get house insurance cheap

You joke but to get a mortgage on the place we had to promise to repair the roof before the final tranche would be released, all through previous storm damage, It does get a bit windy here being up high unsurprisingly

Better than the people on the flood plains around us though, at least we could get house insurance cheap
Forecast had no warning for tomorrow so should be good. I currently have two big holes in my ceiling...dead warm. At least I can use the crapper now.

Wet and windy in Tipperary yesterday. ME had a Yellow Wind Warning in operation until 1600.

Iceland is getting hammered today though with hurricane force winds and 1 to 2 metres of snow forecast for the north of the country.

Meanwhile Accuweather says there's a bit of a blow to skim past us tomorrow en route to France. Met Eireann and the Met Office are treating it with disdain however.

TamH70

MIA
It's currently teeming with rain and blowing what sounds like a gale at the moment at my gaff in Middle Paisley. What is galling is that I've to go out and do some of that shopping thing that normal people complain about having to do and I utterly detest as I'm an asocial bastard.

A windy weekend in store for some. ME have issued yellow warnings for wind generally and snow and ice in the northern counties.

It's currently teeming with rain and blowing what sounds like a gale at the moment at my gaff in Middle Paisley. What is galling is that I've to go out and do some of that shopping thing that normal people complain about having to do and I utterly detest as I'm an asocial bastard.
Look on the bright side, at least you don't have to go out and do a bit of thatching.

TamH70

MIA
Look on the bright side, at least you don't have to go out and do a bit of thatching.
I dunno, I could give it a try I suppose, but the whole "screw this up and you plummet 18 floors to the ground" thing leaps to mind. Besides, Renfrewshire Council would object on Elf'n'Safety grounds as they'd see a thatched roof as a fire hazard.

Even though they've let some mob put a BFO Big Wheel up in the County Square...

Brittany Ferries sent me an email on Thursday morning (12 Dec) to say the 2300 Portsmouth - Le Havre on 13 Dec was cancelled due to weather.
Next available night sailing is Sunday 15 Dec.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Not now the conservatives have won - - -

oh, thatching.

1577279464084.png

Typhoon Phanfone has led to a miserable Christmas Day for millions of inhabitants of the mostly Catholic nation of the Philippines.

Tens of thousands of people were stranded at ports or evacuation centers on Wednesday, and many residents were housebound as the storm wreaked destruction across the island nation.

The typhoon has destroyed thousands of homes and, while no deaths have yet been reported, rescuers say they have yet to reach many areas that are more isolated.

Philippines typhoon leads to Christmas misery | DW | 25.12.2019

It's getting a bit breezy outside as I type.
It's from severe weather.eu. Not applicable up north or in England/Wales. Scotland however will feel the full force of the earths wrath for being nice to Nicola.

Twin cyclones out in the Atlantic yesterday. The left hand one is forecast to weaken and peter out between Iceland and Greenland tomorrow.

@severeweatherEU

Forecast to hit Iceland with a severe winter storm tomorrow.

That'll learn 'em for the cod wars and banking scandal.

Been updated

Irrelevant. I never shop there.

TamH70

MIA
As per my last post, it's blowing a gale and teeming with rain around my gaff at the moment. And as usual, the building is swaying almost badly enough to require motion sickness tablets.

Still, could be worse. There's a prediction for four inches of snow and a further gale to boot...

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
We have two trees down and our stream is over the banks. wind blowing like a banshee. I'll have to send the wife out for milk.
Remember to get her to buy it all, and all the bread, just in case.

Latest Threads