Name That Storm

I just came into Birmingham airport from Milan. Teeny weeny Flybe jet got bounced around for the last 20 minutes and got more exciting than necessaryin the final approach .

What’s truly shocking is that Novotel just charged me nigh on £30 for a bottle of Pinot, the thriving bastards.
What's wrong with thriving? Bloody expensive though.

Down here in SW Wales, a decent rule of thumb as to the depth of any approaching storm, is the number of larger beam and drag trawlers that are in the port at Milford Haven: currently there are none.

Certainly the wind is up and gusting, with lots of chop and white-tops outside the lock gates: but, as I look out now, nothing more than a good blow, though the smaller local crab and lobbie boats have decide to have Sunday off.

Met Eireann covers all bases

Status Yellow - Snow-ice warning for Munster, Leinster, Cavan, Monaghan, Galway and Roscommon

Heavy rain will turn to sleet and snow today. Much of the snow will be above 200 metres with just a local dusting of snow at lower levels. Wet and slushy roads are likely to become icy in places overnight as temperatures drop below freezing.

Valid: Sunday 03 March 2019 12:00 to Monday 04 March 2019 08:00

Issued: Sunday 03 March 2019 10:00

Updated: Sunday 03 March 2019 12:28

The upside is that the Global Warming that saw record temperatures earlier this week has been resolved and normal service resumes.

Met Eireann covers all bases

Status Yellow - Snow-ice warning for Munster, Leinster, Cavan, Monaghan, Galway and Roscommon
Heavy rain will turn to sleet and snow today. Much of the snow will be above 200 metres with just a local dusting of snow at lower levels. Wet and slushy roads are likely to become icy in places overnight as temperatures drop below freezing.

Valid: Sunday 03 March 2019 12:00 to Monday 04 March 2019 08:00

Issued: Sunday 03 March 2019 10:00

Updated: Sunday 03 March 2019 12:28

The upside is that the Global Warming that saw record temperatures earlier this week has been resolved and normal service resumes.
If you're into your weather, the Met Office has a pretty good channel on Youtube. They give a lot of info about how they gather and collate their forecasts, and a decent long range forecast as well.

I’m just watching the footage from the States this morning on the News.
We are so lucky in this country, only having to worry about the odd ‘white out’ and a bit of wind.
The scenes of utter devastation following the Tornadoes that tore across the Southern States last weekend puts it all into perspective.
That is extreme weather - Storm Freya was an imposter!

Not one of our's. Laura was named by the Spanish Weather Agency, AEMET. The Met Office has a Yellow Rainfall Warning in place for SW England/S Wales from 1800 this evening to 0900 Wednesday.

Not one of our's. Laura was named by the Spanish Weather Agency, AEMET. The Met Office has a Yellow Rainfall Warning in place for SW England/S Wales from 1800 this evening to 0900 Wednesday.
I think I'll have to stay indoors tomorrow. ElTiempo (the Spanish weather site) says (on Google translate)
"Storm Laura will pass water over all the country on Wednesday".

I think I'll have to stay indoors tomorrow. ElTiempo (the Spanish weather site) says (on Google translate)
"Storm Laura will pass water over all the country on Wednesday".
So pissing down on Wednesday then.
I’ll get me cagoule.

It was snowing yesterday morning (Sunday) around eight o'clock ish round my gaff in Paisley. Quite heavily, as it happens. Though it didn't lie.

Met Office forecast for tomorrow

After a largely dry and bright day on Monday, it will become very unsettled again on Tuesday and Wednesday. A band of rain, with hill snow in the north, will be followed by sunshine and blustery showers. Through Tuesday afternoon and evening, winds will strengthen across Northern Ireland where a yellow weather warning for wind has been issued. These strong northwesterly winds will extend to Wales and much of England on Wednesday where a yellow warning for wind has also been issued. Temperatures will remain rather cold and be accentuated by the strength of the wind.
Warnings for wind, snow and ice - Met Office

Blowing pretty hard here now (West Cumbria).
As a Whitehaven lad, can I just say it’s nearly always blowing pretty hard up there! :grin:

Storm Gareth will hit the British Isles tomorrow night

4D6C3029-E07F-4113-8E1B-D99E5EF8104A.jpeg

Have to say, they need to up their game with the naming system - doesn’t sound very menacing!