• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Name That Storm

Meanwhile Bronagh

From Met Eireann

A wave depression is expected to deepen, as it tracks close to the southeast coast of Ireland today. It will track up the east Irish Sea and into northern England later today and tonight. As a result the UK Met Office have named it Storm Bronagh. Heavy and possibly thundery rain will affect Ireland today and for a time tonight, with a rainfall warning in operation for parts of south and east Munster and South Leinster. West to northwest winds will occasionally reach gale force today on Irish coastal waters from Belfast Lough to Mizen Head to Bloody Foreland and on the Irish Sea.

The Weather Charts this side of the Atlantic aren't as sexy as the NHC ones. Although today's is a little Meh!

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
@Gary Cooper it looks like I am going to get a bit wet down in Dorset, looks good into next week though.
I had planned an Op Bella expedition with granddaughter to Hursley 60 marking 60 years since IBM bought Hursley Park, near Winchester, from Vickers/Supermarine (bombed out of their Woolston factory in September 1940.

Hursley Park

Sadly the latest forecast is for the rain to start as the event opens.

Just spent the week in a bell tent up in Yorkshire, we must have been a sight trying to keep a bbq going in high winds while the tent kept crashing down

Priorities, priorites...bacon sarnies over warmth and comfort day

You forget to check the NHC site for a few days and this happens

Leslie forecast to head south west and strengthen to a Hurricane by Monday evening.

You forget to check the NHC site for a few days and this happens

Leslie forecast to head south west and strengthen to a Hurricane by Monday evening.
I'm more impressed with Kirk!

Meanwhile down in the Med. This type of low-pressure system form over the sea and takes on tropical or subtropical characteristics. The storms are nicknamed Medicanes, a combination of Mediterranean and hurricane but they're not named which is a disappointment. Arrse will call this one Athena because she's currently fúcking Greece with high winds, torrential rains and high seas.

'Medicane' wreaks havoc in Greece as torrential rainfall, angry seas and winds batter region
Ah, Athena girl
athena 1.jpg
By the time I was fifteen my poster was getting moldy. If the internet was around in the 70's I would have a stick and a Labrador by now.
For balance this is for Jarrod
athena 2.jpg

Ref the Medicane at the weekend, the Greeks named it Zorba and it killed three people on one of the islands. It headed into Bulgaria over the weekend.

Meanwhile Leslie could be heading this way in the middle of next week.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Ref the Medicane at the weekend, the Greeks named it Zorba and it killed three people on one of the islands.
Because it was Zorba the Greek.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dark_Nit The NAAFI Bar 37
lacrabat The NAAFI Bar 5
Auld-Yin Competitions 18