• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Name That Storm

We've barely see the back of Helene which gently wafted past my part of the planet bringing a hint of tropical warmth with her to remind the Swallows it's time to feck off down south for a while.

As @SkippedOnce says we're in the middle of the first winter storm of the season and the Autumn equinox isn't until Sunday. Ali prompted Met Eireann to issue an Amber wind warning for the west coast. The Ploughing championship is delayed until 11am today to let Ali fúck off to the UK and I had to negotiate a downed tree on my way home from work this AM.

'Storm-naming conventions': every day's a school day.

All Quentins, Ulrikas, Xaviers, Yvonnes and Zeldas should protest!

stream_2_38624127.jpg

Last edited:
The strongest gust of wind from Ali at 143km/h was recorded at Mace Head in Co Galway.

Presumably, all the better to admire the sunsets in relative peace. To be fair, maybe she didn't know about the storm warning. Not everyone listens to the radio or checks the weather on a smartphone.
Parked at a camping site it seems. Someone would have warned her I'd imagine.

It's a daft uniform but I doubt they give out medals for wearing it.
Time served, most likely. Maybe they get them when they accompany the Pope on a visit too. And of course, the most prestigious and hardest to obtain, the NGC.

Well didn't know that

The Swiss Guard in their function as bodyguards are equipped with the SIG P220 pistol and the SIG SG 550 rifle (or its SG 552 variant) also in use by the Swiss Army. As recruits to the Swiss Guard must have passed basic military training in Switzerland, they are already familiar with these weapons when they begin their service. The pepper spray used by the Swiss Army (RSG-2000) is also in use. The Glock 19 pistol and Heckler & Koch MP7 submachine gun are reportedly also carried by Swiss Guard members in their function as plainclothes bodyguards.[33]

Pontifical Swiss Guard - Wikipedia

And they get medals for something

Capture.JPG

What is coming our way next week ?. I will be on the Dorset coast in my campervan.

Ye're doomed

But seriously...

That little Yellow X meandering about the Middle Passage. Well next week that will be a howling monster over Dorset and you will be..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dark_Nit The NAAFI Bar 37
lacrabat The NAAFI Bar 5
Auld-Yin Competitions 18