Name That Storm

Chris will be heading in this general direction at the weekend although current predictions indicate it will be well north of the British Isles.
Chris? Sounds like a gentle breeze! Caspian or Caesar would be more stormlike!

The poetically-named Subtropical Depression Five. As of 0900Z today Five is located 1,000 miles west of the Azores and is moving toward the north at about 5 mph with a slight increase in forward speed expected later. A faster northeastward motion is forecast to occur on Thursday and Friday. Maximum sustained winds are near 35 mph (55 km/h) with higher gusts. Some strengthening is forecast during the next day or so, and the subtropical depression is expected to become a subtropical storm later today.

It's coming right at us. Now may be an appropriate time to stock up on bread, milk and bottled water. Although I've got thirty litres of bottled water that I bought in June when we were all going to die of the drought.

The poetically-named Subtropical Depression Five. As of 0900Z today Five is located 1,000 miles west of the Azores and is moving toward the north at about 5 mph with a slight increase in forward speed expected later. A faster northeastward motion is forecast to occur on Thursday and Friday. Maximum sustained winds are near 35 mph (55 km/h) with higher gusts. Some strengthening is forecast during the next day or so, and the subtropical depression is expected to become a subtropical storm later today.

It's coming right at us. Now may be an appropriate time to stock up on bread, milk and bottled water. Although I've got thirty litres of bottled water that I bought in June when we were all going to die of the drought.
Where do you live?

So long as it arrives after tomorrow evening I shall not care. What with heading to a major earthquake centre in the Southern Hemisphere.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

It looks as if it will hit Ireland - shame really I suppose - and then Scotland. Can't see the problem really.

Typhoon 'Oisin' - starts out as a localised bout of high pressure, veers off into the horizon but gathers strength after joining with another weather front and returns. Can cause some localised damage but fails to be too disruptive. It is quickly forgotten.
Oh Deer!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ThunderBox The NAAFI Bar 110
Stumpy4154 The NAAFI Bar 3
ancient ARRSE: Site Issues 2