Name That Storm

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Apparently, something like 62,000 lightning strikes hit Britain in the early hours of this morning.

Last edited:

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
There seems to be a fair amount between Beaconsfield and Northampton though there's more moving up slowly from the Le Touquet area and north Belgium has quite a lot now. Obviously due to Brexit.

Looking out me window (the bars get in the way, but hey ho) last night and tonight - incredible what looked like cloud to cloud lightning, Watford way. Weird orange colours (dust in clouds?).

"nd most spectacular to storms over Biarritz in the 90's, a rainbow of colour.

Lightning scares the crap out of me, I used to love it until one day I was in Venice.
In a matter of seconds the wind picked up and started blowing stuff everywhere I started helping this florist pick up his flowers and he was very flustered, you could feel the tension in the air, and suddenly BOOOOOM!
it blew about a skip load of roof from a house about fifty feet away. Underneath were two women pushing a baby buggy so I ran over but luckily the kid was out of the buggy and being carried. One of the women had quite a nasty gash on her leg from a falling roof tile but everyone was relatively fine. There were a couple of bricks in the buggy and I dread to think what would have happened if the kid had been sat in it.
I am OK if I am inside and still enjoy a good storm but if I am out forget it.

Nasty flooding in Maryland. ARRSE tries to process link as media which then won't show, so copy and paste link instead, after removing the quotes or just find the article from the front page.

"Flash flooding from a series of heavy storms is devastating Ellicott City, a Baltimore suburb. CNN meteorologist Tom Sater has the details."

CNN International - Breaking News, US News, World News and Video"/videos/weather/2018/05/27/ellicott-city-flooding-rescues-sater-sot-nr.cnn/video/playlists/wicket-weather/"

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Nasty flooding in Maryland. ARRSE tries to process link as media which then won't show, so copy and paste link instead, after removing the quotes or just find the article from the front page.

"Flash flooding from a series of heavy storms is devastating Ellicott City, a Baltimore suburb. CNN meteorologist Tom Sater has the details."

CNN International - Breaking News, US News, World News and Video"/videos/weather/2018/05/27/ellicott-city-flooding-rescues-sater-sot-nr.cnn/video/playlists/wicket-weather/"
There's a shock.

Heavy flooding ravages Baltimore-metro city

Ellicott City is known for its flood-prone location as much as its historic downtown.

People build on flood plain. Flood plain floods.

The greatest "Storm" ever......

"clear skies with a chance of tracer and a left hook...."