Name That Storm

For the love of God, there are feckin' snow drifts in sub Tropical Tipperary. What's happening, at all? I've been snowed in for two days, an event that hasn't happened since 1978, and back then I lived on the northern slopes of the Comeragh Mountains. So I did. We're down to the last sliced pan and there's only 6 litres of milk in the fridge. We may have to eat one of the grandkids if this keeps up.

Gardaí investigating as 'looters raid Lidl supermarket' in west Dublin during Storm Emma - Independent.ie

It's started! Reports that a JCB was used in lieu of the front door.

The worst storm I've battled through was called " Sorry I f**ked your sister"
Correction "Shit storm"

Hurricane Season doesn't officially start until next Friday but Alberto gets us off to an early start as the first named Atlantic Tropical Storm of 2018. Other Hurricane names for this year are
Beryl
Chris
Debby
Ernesto
Florence
Gordon
Helene
Isaac
Joyce
Kirk
Leslie
Michael
Nadine
Oscar
Patty
Rafael
Sara
Tony
Valerie
William

Hurricane Season doesn't officially start until next Friday but Alberto gets us off to an early start as the first named Atlantic Tropical Storm of 2018. Other Hurricane names for this year are
Beryl
Chris
Debby
Ernesto
Florence
Gordon
Helene
Isaac
Joyce
Kirk
Leslie
Michael
Nadine
Oscar
Patty
Rafael
Sara
Tony
Valerie
William
Presumably Debbie is scheduled to hit Dallas

Looking forward to the 11th storm this year.

Some weird shit going on above East Sussex last night.Sheet lightening that was like a strobe lighting effect that went on for hours, and a low low rumbling sound that also continued for hours.Never heard a sound like it before.

Some weird shit going on above East Sussex last night.Sheet lightening that was like a strobe lighting effect that went on for hours, and a low low rumbling sound that also continued for hours.Never heard a sound like it before.
It's the return of Lord Cthulhu and the Great Old Ones.

Last edited:

Same just N. of Watford, a slow moving storm that took over an hour to pass with almost non stop sheet lightening & lots of rumbles but few if any strikes.

Beryl
Chris
Debby
Ernesto
Florence
Gordon
Helene
Isaac
Joyce
Kirk
Leslie
Michael
Nadine
Oscar
Patty
Rafael
Sara
Tony
Valerie
William
What? No
Anfoinella
BooBoo Honeysuckle
Chlamydia
DuWaihn7?

Not very diverse or inclusive this year!

What? No
Anfoinella
BooBoo Honeysuckle
Chlamydia
DuWaihn7?

Not very diverse or inclusive this year!
The names remain on the lists until a particularly violent hurricane has its name retired so this year for instance Sara replaced Sandy (last used in 2012).

Hurricane Sandy - Wikipedia

But I agree, in the interests of diversity, inclusivity and entertainment we need some Trailer Thrash Names for Hurricanes- Skylar, Sequoia, Sacajawea, Sakinah, Scotlynn, Shabahang- the list is endless.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Same just N. of Watford, a slow moving storm that took over an hour to pass with almost non stop sheet lightening & lots of rumbles but few if any strikes.
I watched last night's storm approaching the Isle of Wight here and out of the window. Interesting tying together what's happening outside with where on the map.

Acid flashbacks.... just lie back and enjoy the show man...

Just had a very near lightning strike, closest I've ever seen, just a massive crack , and hissing sound, shat myself !

I'm sat in an all steel boat out in the countryside, I'm f*ucked !

Size 9.