Name That Film - Please

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by low_roller, Dec 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Very sketchy memories of a film. Can't remember the titlle. Anybody help me please?

It's set in some sort of American military school, and there's a hole that the students get put in. There's a character called Bubba and theres a coloured fella that get's picked on. There's also a scene where all the students are outside the commanders house singing "I wish I was in Dixie"

All information gatefully recieved.
  2. Taps?

Try searching on there.
  4. It's not Taps, I,m now looking through the 465 results that search engine gave me but I dont hold out much hope cos my memories are too sketchy
  5. The flick you are talking about was titled The Lords of Discipline!
    Quite a good film as I recall, early roles for Michael Biehn, and Bill Paxton playing military roles.They were reunited in Aliens, and Michael Biehn was then type cast as Navy Seal Officer actor of choice, Playing a seal in Navy Seals, The Rock, and The Abyss.
  6. Thanks Steven, I found it.

The Lords of Discipline.

Just ordered it off Amazon for 4 quid.

Even if it's not as good as I remember I dont mind spending the cost of 2 pints
  7. Bah! Beaten to the finish Line by IMDB again!!!
  8. Watched Officer and a gentleman last night which reminded me of the film, seemed to remember that Richard Gere's mate was in this film so searched his name (David Keith) and found it. Shame it's only available on Region 1
  9. Paxton is in Navy Seals too. He's the sniper. He's also in U571 (spit) with David Keith. Maybe they offer a group discount.

ISTR that "The Lords of Discipline" was filmed at an English public school but can't remember the name.
  10. Heres another one!
    Two allies trapped in a celler. (cant remember exact nationalities)
    Nazis try everything to capture these two, without success.
    As a last resort the cellar is flooded, cue scene to Nazi commanders face as two gun shots ring out.

Any ideas, because I do not.

11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

About the assasination team in Czech of somewhere?

Also includes the radio operator operating the morse with foot tapping whilst he rode around on a horse drawn cart IIRC.

True story ja?
  12. yes indeed - SOE trained Czech parachutistes assassinated Reinhard Heydrich and were betrayed by one of their own - they died in the crypt of a church in Prague - a must to visit if you ever go there. Look up Operation Anthropoid for more info
  13. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Try this one. british soldiers invade a foreign country during a major war, some plave in France I think. And no Americans there.

Or, British sailors and commandos capture a code machine, enabli g code breakers to save lives.

Any clues?
  14. Church is still very much present in Prague, Vent to the crypt still has all the pock marks surrounding it from German rounds. Small plaque ans ribbons are all that are present. Moving in that in 60 years it is still maintained as it was from the war.

Although IIRC Heydrich was not killed by the bomb that belw up his car but later died from septicaemia(sic) due to a horse hair from the seat stuffing lodging in his liver/kidney, can't remember which.