Name tapes in afghanistan

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by CHALLY_COMMANDER, Apr 23, 2011.

?
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    66.7%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My unit is due to deploy to Afghanistan Soon and were all being made to Sew Name tapes onto our shiny new MTP kit. I thought only zap no's are to be worn.

2. Why does it matter if your in Bastion? All our lads name tags are on velcro and are ripped off once they leave camp.

3. I think you should wait until someone on here says that you're right, and then take a screenshot & show it to your OC. That way you're bound to be let off from following orders.

Best of luck.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Your right tell them I told you

5. See, there you go, Chally. I can guarantee 100% that you can now refuse to sew on your name tapes. There's no way you'd get any sort of negative comeback.

Then again, you could just shut up and do as you're told.

6. Caecilius

Caecilius LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Who's going to see them outside of your PB? You'll be wearing osprey over your name tapes on patrol, unless you've decided to ignore that order as well.

7. Er surely you'll be wearing UBACs?

8. Given the weather, I would presume most people on patrol will be wearing UBACS so name tapes will be irrelevant and will be for in camp only.

Officially, name tapes are "regimental" business only and it is for your chain of command to decide if they are or are not worn. There is no formal policy.

9. I was chatting to a chap from the RTR called Falcon the other day. Cool name or what...

10. That's a coincidence, I knew a guy from RTR called Badger.

11. Not as bad as that tit who calls himself Cyclops.

12. He's got two eyes as well.

13. Who Nero or Ajax?

14. I've met that Badger bloke before, I asked him if he was related to Ruth Badger from The Apprentice. By the look on his face I don't think he was too impressed that I'd outed him.

15. saw two USAF at Lakenheath last year called JESUS and CAESAR