Name tapes in afghanistan

Do you think nametapes should be worn when cutting around bastion.

• Yes

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My unit is due to deploy to Afghanistan Soon and were all being made to Sew Name tapes onto our shiny new MTP kit. I thought only zap no's are to be worn.
I think you should wait until someone on here says that you're right, and then take a screenshot & show it to your OC. That way you're bound to be let off from following orders.

Best of luck.

Your right tell them I told you
See, there you go, Chally. I can guarantee 100% that you can now refuse to sew on your name tapes. There's no way you'd get any sort of negative comeback.

Then again, you could just shut up and do as you're told.

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Who's going to see them outside of your PB? You'll be wearing osprey over your name tapes on patrol, unless you've decided to ignore that order as well.

Given the weather, I would presume most people on patrol will be wearing UBACS so name tapes will be irrelevant and will be for in camp only.

Officially, name tapes are "regimental" business only and it is for your chain of command to decide if they are or are not worn. There is no formal policy.

I was chatting to a chap from the RTR called Falcon the other day. Cool name or what...

That's a coincidence, I knew a guy from RTR called Badger.

I thought it was only REMFs that wore nametapes, so what does it matter?

My unit is due to deploy to Afghanistan Soon and were all being made to Sew Name tapes onto our shiny new MTP kit. I thought only zap no's are to be worn.
It's comforting to learn that the British army still requires neadlework.

I hope that the tapes aren't first name only, lower case, pastel colours. One shouldn't mess about with tradition.

B

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
northern-matelot Military Clothing & Boots 16
polar69 Military Clothing & Boots 25
Watcher ACF 35