Name of an outdoor theater

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Narcissus, May 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Many years ago when I was at school we used to go on trips to an outdoor theater, i can't remember where but it was about an hours drive from Northampton, it was in the grounds on a nice large house with a nice lawn area to have picnic pre show and did lots of Shakespeare If anyone could prompt my memory to the name of this place and if it is still running that would be great :)

Or altuerntivly anywhere that will be doing outdoor productions over the coming months!

2. Regent's PArk open air theatre. It's not the one you were after but it is really good, and far cheaper than the west end.

3. The Minack has a rather spectacular location; bit of a drive from Northampton, mind, being West of Penzance..............

Clicky, me 'ansome.

4. Minack theatre is very good.
    Bit chilly mind.

5. The Minack is a great place, just up the road from my grandmas house, it's best when it's doing darker, more mysterious stuff. The waves gently (or violently) seething against the headland creates an atmosphere perfect for plays like Macbeth, and the sense of Cornish mysticism is perfect for fantasies.

Apologies for waxing lyrical, but having seen a good few performances of Shakespeare’s works the best have been at the Minack, even when it's soaking wet.

6. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Helamand Province! most of thats outdoors.

I'll get my coat

7. During the summer london the is usually Shakespeare in the park showing for free. Not sure if it tours.