Name of a buckle

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Fang_Farrier, May 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Fang_Farrier

    Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

    Very simple and not a trick question, what do you call this type of buckle?

    Master Fang managed to snap the one from the waist belt on his bergan.

    Local outdoor and local hardware shop don't have any, so was going to buy on line but putting buckle into google ain't enough, so could anybody oblige with a more specific name and like a mong I can't think what it should be.

    Attached Files:

  2. snap buckle or side release buckle.

  3. Fang_Farrier

    Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

    Thanks, I knew it was simple, just couldn't think of it.
  4. You can get buckles through the system, dont know the NSN but they go from SR25 (side release 25mm) to about 75mm.
  5. I'm sure I saw a repair kit when I was in Millets the other day.
  6. I would have said quick release buckle.
  7. Broken :)

    What size is the webbing type strap that goes through the buckle? I may have some in my stashy-stash that I can lob in post for ya.
  8. Bayonet clip comes to mind.

    I expect that you could buy a cheap rucksack or fanny pack from a pound shop and rob the buckles from it.
  9. What actual size are they - i've got some spare ones.
  10. Fastex was an early manufacturer and that is the name I know them by but other manufacturers exist as above. Seen the Nexus stuff before, looks good.
  11. Billy is a nice name for a buckle, that would be Billy-Bob-Sue-Jim-Ellen Buckle for septics...
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Trident clip, some say invented by Jacques Cousteau
  13. I've got some spares too if you want them. Let me know the size of the webbing/belt.