Name Change

Isn't it time, now that Arrse is so big (no pun intended) that the name gets changed, I for one am getting a bit sick of the looks I get when I wax Lyrical about the site to those not in the know. I suppose at one time it was amusing (still is) however, with notoriety surely a better name could be found ie MAD (Modern Army Discussion), BAD (British Army Discussion) you know the sort of thing. Even my mother looks at me strangely when I strt talking about the ARRSE website, quite frankly it only confirms her worst fears (about the internet ,not me). A name change surely could not be that difficult just re direct from ARRSE to SOC'S (Soldiers on Computers Speak), or something . I Know it's not good but you come up with a better one!

Why change it? The CO's have worked hard on this site, ARRSE is gaining popularity, thats easy to notice over the last 14 months or so, and my tee shirt, although a little jaded, is not an embarassment to me or my mother. The name is fine, leave it as is. :eek:

Your bang on Az' all your alternatives are crap,

leave it be, arrse is arrse and if it wasn't arrse then it just wouldn't be, well, arrse, i suppose. :?

Azport, 13 posts and wants to change the world that we all know and love, sod off.

The man has a point though. Imagine my situation when speaking to: potential host, advertiser, software support forum etc. "Errmm.. yes the url is ..., that's not as dodgy as it sounds... you'll see what I mean when you get there.. cough".

All it needs though is another url. Been saying I'll do it and will get on the case again now.

you cant change it, its got such a great rep as ARRSE, I couldnt believe how many high ranking officers have mentioned it on courses Ive been on and meetings that Ive been to.

Don't change it. As TURP says it has a wide reputation amongst senior officers and it's also easy to remember.

Perhaps an alternate 'nice' URL which still points to this site would spare blushes.

Folks

Sorry, didn't mean to cause offence. Few things to clear up first, I did have another name however, after the changes I couldn't log on so had to find another name, so there's your 13 paltry posts.

Canteen cowboy don't be so touchy, nobody wants to take away your power, there are no tanks at the gate and the people still love you, revolution hasn't even been thought of yet, stay in your Ivory tower and mock the peasants below but remember a new saw might give you more wood.

It was only a suggestion, senior officers might like to mention it, but any word they consider will make them one of the boys will always be "in".

I say again, It's very simple, call yourself ARRSE and you will get the occasional visitor you don't want, great for publicity but if thats what your after ,why not just call yourself: Gay midget bi fetish lolita Army sex talk com.

As I said, if you can think of a better name post it, after all thats all I was after !![/b][/quote]

azport said:
Gay_midget_bi_fetish_lolita_Army_sex_talk.com.
Is this blatant advertising of your own site?:wink:

I think ARRSE is ARRSE, I can't actually think of it as anything else... :roll:

hmmmmmmm.....nope! 8O

But if Happy_snappy_we're_all_in_the_naffi.com is ever suggested i might just ponder it a little longer.... nahhhhhhhhhh! It's ARRSE!:lol:

But I'm sure if your mother has any problems with the name a few minutes in the NAFFI will help straighten her out, try Saturday, about 11.30pm?

Canteen cowboy don't be so touchy, nobody wants to take away your power, there are no tanks at the gate and the people still love you, revolution hasn't even been thought of yet, stay in your Ivory tower and mock the peasants below
ermm me being touchy all I said was that:
How about just leaving it alone? its not your bat and ball, so any changes will be made by the owners, this is not a democracy

but remember a new saw might give you more wood.
and you could say more trees give you even more wood :roll:

I say again, It's very simple, call yourself ARRSE and you will get the occasional visitor you don't want, great for publicity but if thats what your after ,why not just call yourself: Gay midget bi fetish lolita Army sex talk com.
is that how you found us? :D

Ex Dvr......you've posted here under 'Canteen Cowboy' as well. What is that all about?

I like ARRSE......said loudly with a military tone, it projects an image of authority! Don't believe me? Then try it in the Mess this morning just after you hang up your beret!

ARRSE!!!!!! You know it makes sense!

(PS. Lippy.....you are one arrse kisser deary)

Blessed baby cakes: Who the F*** are you to start slagging off other peoples mothers, you know it was wrong or you would have written it in normal text. Have a little laugh to yourself you W*****. The NAAFI bar is where the slagging takes place not here, this was a serious debate not a chance for you to get some cheap slagging in, Pr**k. Anyway, who is supposed to be moderating this forum, I thought that when I signed in, I was responsible for the posts and replies I got, I didnt realize the rest of my family were fair game too, and yes I would be interested to know why you let personal attacks on someones family go through.

azport said:
Blessed baby cakes: Who the F*** are you to start slagging off other peoples mothers, you know it was wrong or you would have written it in normal text. Have a little laugh to yourself you W*****. The NAAFI bar is where the slagging takes place not here, this was a serious debate not a chance for you to get some cheap slagging in, Pr**k. Anyway, who is supposed to be moderating this forum, I thought that when I signed in, I was responsible for the posts and replies I got, I didnt realize the rest of my family were fair game too, and yes I would be interested to know why you let personal attacks on someones family go through.
Dear Azport,

If you have a problem with the following statement/suggestion may I make a few points clear?

Firstly, this is not an attack on any member of your family. If it where I would have used several expletives I’ve learned since joining ARRSE, a few of which if used in the presence’s of your mother might just leave her blushing.

Secondly, if you can read into the following statement any 'slaging off' please feel free to highlight it for me, explain how you came to the conclusions you have drawn then take them and....

Thirdly, by opening your argument 'Who the Fukc are you...' I feel the person drawn as the 'who the fukc are you', is infact you. Why do you think you have the right to address anyone in this thread and on this part of the forum in that manner? It shows a wilful lack of any sort of manners! Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Fourthly, it was a throwaway comment, to dull to pick up on it?

Fifthly, if I am a w-anker, it would be for entertainment value to a few, as

Sixthly, if you'd checked out any other of my postings you would have seen by now I am actually someone’s mother, and not in possession of the tackle required to merit the title prikc.

Seventh, and moving back, yes you're right the NAAFI is the place to slag people off in, but as I didn't actually slag anyone off, I was on safe ground.

Eighth, this is ARRSE, everyone in your family, living dead, or in between is 'fair game', get used to it; it'll bite you if you don't.

Ninth, and probably most importantly, the fact the moderator so no offence in my posting should have been a clue to you to the level of intent it was posted with.

And, finally, as it's getting late, not too labour the point, I will repeat the offending comment in large size, for all to see my hideous crime and join you in your chant of horror!!!

And I quote....

But I'm sure if your mother has any problems with the name a few minutes in the NAFFI will help straighten her out, try Saturday, about 11.30pm?

Now go away and grow up, not sure crying to the big boys’ works to well in here...... :roll:

I’ll PM this to you as well, you can continue it wherever your choice...
I think you should just let it go really...

So you want to keep ARRSE just as it is but want to change NAAFI to NAFFI

That would be the Navy, Army and Fairy Force Institutes ? Or maybe the Navy, Army and Fat Fcukers Institute?

Are you a real civilian ?

So you want to keep ARRSE just as it is but want to change NAAFI to NAFFI

That would be the Navy, Army and Fairy Force Institutes ? Or maybe the Navy, Army and Fat Fcukers Institute?

Are you a real civilian ?

blessed baby cakes said:
Eighth, this is ARRSE, everyone in your family, living dead, or in between is 'fair game', get used to it; it'll bite you if you don't.
oh so true, by virtue of you being on this site brings all those near and dear into the firing line