Name-change query

I'm planning on applying as soon as I've got my fitness up (aiming for REME) but I'm also working on legally changing my name. Getting the deed poll is easy, and I know I'll have to inform my bank, doctor etc of the name change, but will it affect my application? And will I need to change the details on my passport (which'll cost me) as well to be taken seriously or can I just provide my deed poll document?



Wait until you've joined and then do it. I can only imagine the bollox up that capita could make of a situation like that. You joining date will probably move to 1/1/2050.

Definately agree dont do anything like that before your in or you will be waiting forever!!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
What everybody else has said. Don't do anything until you are in. Unless you are fine with an added 5 years before you start

Unless your name is something like 'shitforbrains'


Book Reviewer
I totally agree with all those who advocate waiting until you're in. I mind a Scaley in 212 Sig Sgn, when I was attached to them, changing his name (from Sch**** to "Johnny Rebel", of all things) and the whole process, including a new passport, went down in a couple of weeks with no trouble at all. He even got new name-tags (as was the "fashion" at the time) for free.

Before a certain change in the law, at least one serving soldier had changed their name to 'Iamgay'

New Posts

Latest Threads