Name change process in the Army.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by grumble, Jul 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the process like for changing your name in the Army? Would I be better getting all my documentation updated before joining? Could I do it during the application process, notifying the recruiter my intention and updating them with my new documents or would that cause too much hassle?

2. Ask your recruiter

3. try the foreign legion.

4. You recon the FL would know if he could change his name during the recruitment process for the British Army

• Like Like x 2
  5. WatchingWater

WatchingWater Old-Salt Book Reviewer

He mean the fact that the FL allow you to take on an alternative alias for the first year or two, something that used to be utilised by people with a name connected to a shady past.

6. Wasnt there somebody in one of the Eddy Nugent books who changed his name by deed poll to "Iamgay" so he wouldnt be shouted at on the parade ground?

7. cheers for saving me the bother.

8. Wow, you don't say

[​IMG]

9. **** that. After 16 years the Special Pen Service still get my name wrong - why would I want to confuse them any further?

• Like Like x 1
  10. I changed my name whilst in the Army. It was about 16 years ago and I had to go in front of a Vicar and say some vows and stuff.

I got a nice shiny gold ring out of it though.

11. As long as you get the correct legal deed your name can be changed on the TJHJ system at any time, just speak to your Recruiter.

12. You got a shiny ring......ouch bet that was sore

13. May I ask why ?

14. aye. well said.

15. Maybe he wants a more macho name like Blade Steele, Jake Bullitt or... er... Doris.