Name 30 reasons that the Armoured trade is Superior to Inf.

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Flagrantviolator, Sep 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know Iknow, we're all in this together, combined Arms doctrine and all that... But aside from the logic and truth to that, why are Armoured soldiers Better, stronger, smarter, and more popular with the ladies than your average Neanderthal groundpounder?
  2. Because they count post-op thai men as 'ladies'.
  3. Do you mean armoured infantry compared to light role.

Could it be that the infantry spend so much time on ops they have little time for lazing around in bars.
  4. ^when did we get warrior?
  5. Why is this in the TA Forum?
  6. My Dad is bigger than your Dad!!
  7. 'Cause I'm mildly retarded and fully negligent.
  8. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

The FV510 entered service with the armoured infantry in 1988.

As to the topic at hand, I'll quote two men who disagree with the contention of the titled question. The first is an anonymous American infantryman and the latter is one Britain's best known (if entirely fictional) cavalrymen.

9. so are there 30 reasons?
  10. Totally arbitrary #. Might be more!
  11. And WTF is THAT then?! And don't say "...a weed"...
  12. Its a tumbleweed.

You know, ghost town; everything gone quiet and nothing happens?
  13. OOOoohhhhh! OK. I realize I'm a thread killer, but to kill your own thread is pretty bad indeed!
  14. Now Now gents there no point starting a pointless poo slinging match over who wang is bigger.

30 reasons!! now there’s wishful thinking on flagrants part me thinks.

Seeing as you've posted this in the TA section I will be careful about not upsetting our Regular Armored brethren.

But lets see, you get to play tanks in your TTV's (Landrovers), play computer tanks in your simulators and once a year get to play with a real mobile infantry intimate support vehicle (TANK).

You require the humble infantryman to provide support for your FIBUA training and field firing exercises, also you won't go anywhere without mutual infantry support in case you might happen upon some of our counterparts.

You get deployed on operations to the sand box as either individual replacements for Tanks or get to stag on for 6 months just like your Infantry counterparts.

Don't get me wrong you provide a useful role, by wearing red trousers and thinking they look great, drinking large amount of Champagne keeping the French in business and generally making everyone else look far more normal than they perhaps are.

Always remember if you think armored are the lions and Infantry are the donkeys, you don’t see many donkey skin rugs :)

Discuss!!! (PRESENT BAG, PREPARE CAT!!!!)