Naked (well, nearly) Tesco!

Forastero

LE
Love it. Paramedic in uniform gets refused to serve alcohol in Tesco, strips, returns in thong and gets nicked. Joking aside, I despair at these stupid bloody rules that discriminates (ooh!) against a decent law-abiding citizen from buying a bottle of wine 'because he's wearing a uniform'. WTF ever happened to common sense? Top drills to the geezer concerned mind.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-supermarket-staff-refused-serve-uniform.html

If Tesco do not allow people in uniform to purchase alcohol.....................................how come they serve their own staff in uniform when they have just finished their shift? I have seen this happen many times at my local store.

grumpyoldb said:
If Tesco do not allow people in uniform to purchase alcohol.....................................how come they serve their own staff in uniform when they have just finished their shift? I have seen this happen many times at my local store.
A spokesman for Tesco confirmed that it was company policy not to serve members of the emergency services if they were wearing uniform and stood by the cashier's actions.
I never notice any problem with folks getting served wearing CS95 in Blandford and Aldershot Tesco.

This story didn't get much response first time round, Forastero:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=122315.html

My youngest daughter bought a bottle of wine in Tesco's the other day. She was asked for ID- she was quite chuffed really as she is 30 this year and had her 13 yearol son with her! :eek:

Reads like a store policy, not a company wide policy, although it does say emergency services not all uniforms.

I've never had any problem at my local place, near a two single service Army sites and a joint unit.

twosugarsnomilk said:
A thong....things not to wear at work unless you are female..
Thank you for pointing out the bigger problem here. :D

Where will this end ?

I often deliver to Tescos, and if it looks as if I am going to have a late finish and there are a few trucks in front of me, I buy a few beers for when I get home.

Does this now mean that they will not serve ambulance drivers etc. with cigarettes in case they smoke them in a non smoking area or while driving ?

I have seen firemen pop into Sainsburys and buy biscuits for their tea break. Does this mean Tescos would not serve them as they thought they were going to have an unofficial tea break ?

What offence did the man commit to warrant being arrested? Surely wearing a thong isnt a serious arrestable offence is it? Or did the lying unelected one eyed slack jawed idiot sneak that law in too.

Gubmint_Agent said:
Tesco, the f*cking Evil Empire. It's a little known fact that their Head Office is actually on a Death Star in a galaxy far, far away.
Oh, you have no idea... :twisted:

Tesco recently rolled out a new uniform for their staff; it includes "combat trousers". It's the next step in the Master Plan: having secured a financial stranglehold by selling most of the food we eat, Tesco will slowly morph into a paramilitary organisation. 8O

Mark my words: within a few years, Tesco will be offering armed "security services" for those who can afford them. These "Tesco Commandos" will operate with impunity, since by that time Tesco will have bought itself Extra-Territorial Status - effectively, it will have become a country in all but name and many of it's staff will enjoy "deplomatic immunity".

The rich will live in luxury areas, guarded by heavily-armed Tesco Commandos who will shoot first and ask questions later. By this time Tesco Security Group will have it's own training academy and many of it's Operators will be ex-Forces.

Tesco Commandos will be well trained and equipped with assualt rifles, smg's, pistols and body armour. Heavier kit will be stored at regional armouries They will develop a reputation as being VERY willing to use lethal force, since this will make most scumbags think twice about attacking somewhere or someone under Tesco protection.

The rest of us will have to put up with plain old CivPol, who by this time will have become increasingly marganalised and ineffective. CivPol will hate this but be unable to do anything because the politicians and senior Plod will have been bought and paid for by Tesco. :twisted:

GordonBrown said:
What offence did the man commit to warrant being arrested? Surely wearing a thong isnt a serious arrestable offence is it? Or did the lying unelected one eyed slack jawed idiot sneak that law in too.

...FFS.. a bloke wearing a thong in public,enough to put you off your egg and cress sandwich.

If it had been a drop dead gorgeous blonde nympho aged about 20-25 then that would have been wholly aceptable and I for one would have let her jump the queue in front of me,but a bloke,wrong on so many levels.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Werewolf said:
Gubmint_Agent said:
Tesco, the f*cking Evil Empire. It's a little known fact that their Head Office is actually on a Death Star in a galaxy far, far away.

Tesco recently rolled out a new uniform for their staff; it includes "combat trousers". It's the next step in the Master Plan: having secured a financial stranglehold by selling most of the food we eat, Tesco will slowly morph into a paramilitary organisation. 8O

Mark my words: within a few years, Tesco will be offering armed "security services" for those who can afford them. These "Tesco Commandos" will operate with impunity, since by that time Tesco will have bought itself Extra-Territorial Status - effectively, it will have become a country in all but name and many of it's staff will enjoy "deplomatic immunity".

The rich will live in luxury areas, guarded by heavily-armed Tesco Commandos who will shoot first and ask questions later. By this time Tesco Security Group will have it's own training academy and many of it's Operators will be ex-Forces.

Tesco Commandos will be well trained and equipped with assualt rifles, smg's, pistols and body armour. Heavier kit will be stored at regional armouries They will develop a reputation as being VERY willing to use lethal force, since this will make most scumbags think twice about attacking somewhere or someone under Tesco protection.

The rest of us will have to put up with plain old CivPol, who by this time will have become increasingly marganalised and ineffective. CivPol will hate this but be unable to do anything because the politicians and senior Plod will have been bought and paid for by Tesco. :twisted:
is that tinfoil hat comfy?? :wink:

maguire said:
Werewolf said:
Gubmint_Agent said:

is that tinfoil hat comfy?? :wink:
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled... :twisted: :wink:

Werewolf said:
Gubmint_Agent said:

Sounds good! Where do I sign up? No drama if they require the standard firstborn as the little sh1t just spilled juice over my keyboard

:d

stapd said:
Werewolf said:
Gubmint_Agent said:

Sounds good! Where do I sign up? No drama if they require the standard firstborn as the little sh1t just spilled juice over my keyboard

:d
Get in the line. Behind me. :twisted:

Oh, and the sacrafice of your first-born child is only a requirement for those going on Options(management training). :D

grumpyoldb said:
It's the crown badge on the uniform that makes the difference apparently, and it's not just Tesco that have this policy with alcohol.

Anyway, wearing a thong? It's not right is it?

I believe the problem stems from a misunderstanding of the law (Which has since been changed).

Under Section 178, Licensing Act 1964 it WAS an offence to allow a constable on duty to be in licensed premises (unless they were there as part of their duty) and also to supply ANY liquor or refreshment, (this included tea or soft drinks ) whether by gift or sale to an on duty constable except with the permission of their senior officer. This has been repealed by the Licensing Act 2003 and no equivalent offence remains.

In the past i worked in many different pubs from 1996 to 2008 and there was often different takes on the law. Often staff where told they could not serve anyone from the emergency services(Police, Fire, Ambulance) in uniform. The law, as it was, only applied to police and as such there should have been no problem serving anyone else in uniform.

However, there is NO right to insist on being served with alcohol and there is an absolute right for any staff (Bar and shop) to refuse service without reason, if they think it best not to serve any particular customer.

It all comes down to common sense and unfortunately the problem with common sense is, its not to common.

It was also illegal to serve alcohol to known prostitutes, though i don't know if that has since changed also.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C The NAAFI Bar 8
X-Inf The NAAFI Bar 8
E The NAAFI Bar 17