Naked Israeli Commandos!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by X-Inf, Nov 26, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

In MoD Oracles courtesy of Gruniard

Six Israeli naval commandos have been suspended after they posed naked in a picture that was published in a newspaper, the military said yesterday.

The soldiers were on a field trip to Mount Hermon in the Golan Heights when they posed for the photograph, naked in the snow - a unit tradition. They were unaware that their pose was also captured by a photographer from the Yediot Ahronot daily, which published the picture.

The unit commander was reportedly furious when he saw the photo. He summoned the six and informed them that they were "suspended from active duty for a limited time".

All six were veteran soldiers due to be discharged in February. The Israeli media and the soldiers' parents decried the harsh punishment, pointing to the soldiers' long service in an elite unit.

"I am shocked by the lack of proportion," the father of one of the soldiers told Israel Radio. "We are talking about the best of the youth. They did not choose an easy or comfortable service. In the last few years they have buried a number of their friends."

Military officials said the final decision on the soldiers is to be made the head of the navy, together with the chief of staff.

What a quiet life we all lead
    :wink:

2. Where can we view the pics?

8) 8)

3. mmm...... i see in the Isreali commandos they dont use helmet covers!

4. Good job the photographer wasn't up Pan-y-Fan 1996 otherwise part of the Recce Section of my old unit would have been suspended.......... including me :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

5. From the Jerusalem Post:-

Six veteran members of the Naval Commandos who posed naked on Mount Hermon for a memento photograph to mark their imminent demobilization have been barred from taking part in any operational missions for an unspecified period.

The decision was taken by the commander of the elite unit after he spoke with the soldiers on Thursday – two days after the photograph of them stripped of their clothes in the snow appeared in the Hebrew daily Yedioth Aharonot. The soldiers had apparently thought they were alone on the mountaintop and were unaware that while they posed for their own picture, a newspaper photographer had also snapped them au naturel.

According to reports, taking naked photos is a tradition among members of the unit, who then leave them behind on the walls of their barracks.
    The publication of the photographs in Yedioth on Wednesday was followed by reports in the press that the six had been discharged from the army. Reports of the discharge evoked a storm of protest from the commandos' parents, who said the six may have been guilty of silly behavior but not of a serious breach of discipline or of the IDF's code of conduct.

The IDF appeared to have backtracked the next day, issuing a statement saying that the head of the Naval Commandos unit had met and spoken with the six. The Navy views the matter very seriously, the statement said, and had barred the commandos from participating in operational missions for "a limited period" – presumably while it makes up its mind about the discharge.

Senior military sources noted that the fact that such a ban is considered a severe punishment was an indication of the extremely high motivation of soldiers serving in the unit.

Puts a new fefinition on the saying 'going commando' :D

6. Between us I'll bet we can find a shed load of such pics to e-mail the Israeli Defense Force official website and suggest that they lighten up :lol:
    info@mail.idf.il

7. Only just found my recruit pass out photo, so give me time!!!!!

8. Lack of proportion? That's because it's cold! :lol:

So, the IDF 'marines' like getting naked for the camera? Our own green machine would understand and approve. A team from CTC will be on its way to Israel to demonstrate the Dance of the Flaming Arseholes and other Bootie party games to their IDF oppos.

'Don't worry Rafi, it's only gay if you take it!'

9. The Dance of The Flaming Arseholes aint just a booty thing, even us REMFS showed 53 Bty 22 RA up at the battery bash in Gib summer '94, mind u sayin that we were chuffed to fcuk cos we were in ther like swimwear with the crab and Gib Reg ladies then! [/i]