Naked and Afraid......

'Naked and Afraid' coming soon to the Discovery Channel. The latest offering from the '500 channels to fill' brigade, me I think its going to be shite, but hey paps out an all that, could be interesting....

Hey History Channel - Hitler was bad, ok, we get it.....

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
'Naked and Afraid' coming soon to the Discovery Channel. The latest offering from the '500 channels to fill' brigade, me I think its going to be shite, but hey paps out an all that, could be interesting....

Hey History Channel - Hitler was bad, ok, we get it.....
All paps have been pixellated into oblivion for US consumption. Although whether they'll be de-pixellated to put up viewing figures for non-US audiences is another matter.

Wordsmith

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
does this show mean that someone has 'wired' up jarrods rape truck then?

I'm so glad I knocked my Virgin Media package back down to the basic level. I now save £30 a month and find that whilst there was nothing on with 110 channels there is still nothing on with the 40 free to air channels. At least I'm not paying to watch nowt these days :)
Oh, and that program sounds pump BTW!

I'm so glad I knocked my Virgin Media package back down to the basic level. I now save £30 a month and find that whilst there was nothing on with 110 channels there is still nothing on with the 40 free to air channels. At least I'm not paying to watch nowt these days :)
Oh, and that program sounds pump BTW!
Anything worth watching on TV these days, can be watched for free on line.
No need for expensive satellite subscriptions, or even a TV license.
Nothing but utter shit and drivel on 99.9% of the time!

Anything worth watching on TV these days, can be watched for free on line.
No need for expensive satellite subscriptions, or even a TV license.
Nothing but utter shit and drivel on 99.9% of the time!
The tv licence gent who kept visiting me to check that my tv was still absent said that if I streamed live footy I had to have a licence. Toe rag.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Don't tell them then. Can they prove it?
Dunno. Eventually got a licence after installing a freesat dish. Waste of money, but at least I'm not continuously chucking it at Virgin or Sky.

Edited to add in any case I quite like getting monstered in the sports pubs.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

'Naked and Afraid' coming soon to the Discovery Channel. The latest offering from the '500 channels to fill' brigade, me I think its going to be shite, but hey paps out an all that, could be interesting......
What are they afraid of? Ar they naked and being hunted down by cannibals through a snake-infested minefield?

The tv licence gent who kept visiting me to check that my tv was still absent said that if I streamed live footy I had to have a licence. Toe rag.
If you stream it live on a pc you do need a license. But if you watch it later, after the live broadcast then you don't.
If your pc isn't streaming live TV when he calls he can't prove you've watch any live tv on it :)

If you stream it live on a pc you do need a license. But if you watch it after later then you don't.
If your pc isn't streaming live TV when he calls he can't prove you've watch any live tv on it :)
Doesn't matter what you are doing, you should never let him in. If anyone from TVL knocks on your door just tell them to fuck off.

Doesn't matter what you are doing, you should never let him in. If anyone from TVL knocks on your door just tell them to fuck off.
IIRC and I may be wrong, there are only a few people who can enter your house/flat/etc without permission and TV licensing people may be one of them. Yes, it sounds bollocks but I think I read/heard that somewhere, probably TV !!

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
What are they afraid of? Ar they naked and being hunted down by cannibals through a snake-infested minefield?
The naked part was a gimmick to get viewing figures. They could have sent them in wearing shorts/t-shirt and made exactly the same program. It's also more reality TV than serious survival program - the contestants were picked (a) to be mildly incompatible with each other and (b) to have enough skills to survive but not to do well.

I downloaded a couple of episodes and rapidly found it was a decent idea turned into a crap TV program.

Wordsmith

IIRC and I may be wrong, there are only a few people who can enter your house/flat/etc without permission and TV licensing people may be one of them. Yes, it sounds bollocks but I think I read/heard that somewhere, probably TV !!
20,000 council workers can enter homes without a warrant - Telegraph
There are thousands of officials who can enter your property without permission, but TV licensing people are not one of them. If the TV license people turn up at your door, as RQMS says, tell them to fuck off!

The TV licence "inspector" is a commission driven salesman from Capita, they have no powers at all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W The NAAFI Bar 34
X-Inf The NAAFI Bar 8
E The NAAFI Bar 17