Nails

What a fun game!
Any good anecdotes about this classic Corp game?

P

PrinceAlbert

As much as I do enjoy a good game of nails......I don't recall any good anecdotes.

You hit a nail with a hammer/ice pick. There's not much else to it apart from the drinking.

I was in Stanta this weekend and only just became aware of it, although i didn't get to join in as it was a load of seniors indulging. It did look fudging fun.

To coin an old phrase - 'You must be a hoot on the piss'

What a fun game!
Ah, the Royal Engineers have adopted this rather wanky game as their own.

Funny that. Our Corps were playing it over 30 Years ago, and it was shite then.

German civvies were playing it before that, and they think it's scheisse as well.

So, do you 'own' Dance of the Flaming *********, Freckles, Spoons, Shock Dice, The 3 man lift and Naked Bar as well?

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Naked bar is actually the RN's, everyone else just copied it.

The first instance of naked bar is recorded in the ship's log of HMS Sandwich, a second rate ship of the line, on the eve of the battle of Barfleur. The log and it's significant entry can be viewed at the Maritime Museum Greenwich:

Wind - light airs, Sea state - 1.

With battle with the French now an almost certainty, today a double issue of rum was granted by the master, chief bosun declared 'naked bar!' And the men of the lower deck did henceforth disrobe while they partook of their issue.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
There was this one time at Bridge Camp...........................
(Plagiarised from American Pie)

What a fun game!
The only game unique to the Engrs (that I am aware of) is Yukka... and I suppose racing to build bridges.

Nails is a boxhead game that has been adopted by pretty much every British Forces capbadge that served in BFG et al. Even those units that have never served in Germany usually have dabbled a bit at some time through a member/attachment popping in to the bar with the worlds smallest hammer, the biggest nails he can find and an 'aquired' tree trunk.

The only game unique to the Engrs (that I am aware of) is Yukka... and I suppose racing to build bridges.

Nails is a boxhead game that has been adopted by pretty much every British Forces capbadge that served in BFG et al. Even those units that have never served in Germany usually have dabbled a bit at some time through a member/attachment popping in to the bar with the worlds smallest hammer, the biggest nails he can find and an 'aquired' tree trunk.
I'm assuming by "yukka" you actually mean euchre.Many a mean hand played as soon as there is a break in the action(so to speak)

I'd rather play "Hunt the C#nt".
Nails was expensive if you were shit at hitting nails with hammers, rather leave that to the chippys.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Current Affairs, News and Analysis 2
American_Limey Current Affairs, News and Analysis 1
D Sappers 11