Nails and just a little bit barking...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by RiflemanKnobber, Nov 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No jokes about the RAF Regiment please :D

Hero Time

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Silly bugger. Very brave, very decent, full of the 'right stuff', but still a silly bugger. Very sensible of him to raffle that Rolex too; they're awful.

3. Excellent! I love the way he was more concerned with getting on with his day and getting to his meeting. This man epitomises the best bits about being British!

4. That narrows it down then.

5. Good for him. It's a pity that there were apparently so many people happy to sit around and watch him.

6. And no one in the shop noticed the raiders?

7. "My plan was to carry out a move I had been taught in the Forces and wait for others to help. I was going to grab his head and put my knee in the man’s back before grabbing him round the chest, holding him until others intervened,” he told The Times. “It’s unarmed combat. You creep up behind somebody and grab them. One of them had his arm through the window and I knew then that he was partially disabled. There was no way he could swing the hammer and he had to be careful about getting a severe arterial wound. I was going for his head rather than his balaclava.”

Foggy Dewhurst never had a better script. Good on 'im. :D

8. Good stuff-saw it in the Daily Mail. May be ex-RAF, judging by his actions not regt though! Well done, sir, and shame to the crowd that stood and watched an old man put himself at risk!

9. Northern Monkey didn't your brother have more sense than you by wanting to join the RAF REGIMENT rather than be a cnut like his brother and mother

10. I saw this in the Guardian (no other broadsheet being available).
    He wasn't named in their report as he was unidentified at that point but apparently he yelled "I've got your DNA!" after them as they fled. :D