Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Rumrunner, Dec 11, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone see this little snippet in today’s News of the World (tucked away on page15)?

Defence Secretary John Reid will spark fury in the armed forces with new plans to scrap cheap fags and booze for troops serving abroad.

As well as a ban on duty-free, our brave boys and girls in the field won’t be allowed to smoke in NAAFI pubs, below decks and in barracks.

Only submarines will escape the measures but are expected to be smoke free within five years”.

2. morale will also be completely banned by 2012
  3. I don't think that's going to happen..I mean SERIOUSLY!! He'd end up with a mutiny! Never mind the insurrection in Iraq!
  4. Can't have mutiny on the subs though ... they'll just have to open the windows.
  5. Thats OK, my 22 is up in 2011 :D

Seriously though, he will not be able to do this, will he ? 8O
  6. Would that be the fags & booze or morale? :wink:
  7. Knowing that cnut, it will be both :roll:
  8. The news got released last week to the general MOD public so to speak. There will be No Smoking on any MOD property, yes this includes outside! The only escape short term are barrack blocks where accomadation is paid for by the occupant and ships, Big Brother will give you five years grace before they Ban it in those places. So the vision is gonna be of all the guys at Shiaba doffing CBA and helmet to run up to the main gate for a quick smoke.......... Better yet stood in a howling gale in the middle of Sennybridge being told by some moronic subbie, if you light up, you're affecting his air quality, breaching some regulation in a DCI and if you want a fag, tab to the bottom of church hill! Yeah really!
    New Labour stikes again!
  9. Wouldn’t this be illegal under some EC convention i.e. charging UK duty in a foreign country? I can understand paying the host countries tax, but how can NAFFI look at sales & say this bits ours this bits the host counties & this bits UK tax. I can’t see it being workable.
  10. Fuck this shite if it's true. I'm off to North Korea.
  11. Sounds great to me. I am sick of putrid smokers poluting my air!!

12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

One way ticket I hope :lol: :lol:
  13. whats the rationale for scrapping cheap booze? How are all those ugly girls gonna get laid!?
  14. Don't forget us ugly blokes Speckled Jim, cuts both ways I would think? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  15. Don't go to bars then, its your choice.

I really enjoy my smoke breaks - going outside, fresh air and looking at some of Yorkshires best views.