naffi barister required

does anybody know the laws regarding being confined to camp as i was led to beleive that it was iligal to do so and was liable to a 1000 pound fine for every soldier confined per day any one versed in mil law?

lurkin said:
does anybody know the laws regarding being confined to camp as i was led to beleive that it was iligal to do so and was liable to a 1000 pound fine for every soldier confined per day any one versed in mil law?

Who told you that? Cherie Bliar??

It’s not in Mil law. It’s in criminal law under false imprisonment.
There are not any fines though, and as far as I know, nobody has had the balls to push it.

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
Has little lurkin been a naughty boy and been to the pub and drinking underage?

There is that one Military Law that says

"If you can't do the time, then don't do the crime" or "If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined"

Please enlighten us as to why you are confined to camp? Used to happen all the time in my Regiment....

Yes mate, you're spot on. For every day you are confined to camp you get £1000 compo and whoever confined you has to clean your room and make you brews for the length of time you were confined. I have to go as the man in the white coat is here to take my crayon away :rage:

lurkin said:
nah not me gov reg is away in sennelarger and are gated boys are not impressed
And some in your Regt are whining that they are being falsely imprisoned??

Would these be the same sorts that would whinge when lifted by the GCP/RMP down the Strip after being caught being filled in by the locals?

I think it's the unit commander showing a good amount of 'duty of care' to be honest.

BTW, we used to go to Sennelager on a regular basis and by default were confined to camp. Shit happens.

Tell them to man up, dry thier eyes and stop fcuking whining.

lurkin said:
lol will do the reason was that the co didnt want them messin about with 20bde wives had to chuckle

Same old same old.

Things haven't changed in at least 20 years then. Difference is, back then we just cracked on and trashed the camp as opposed to speed dialing human rights lawyers.

So the CO confined a whole Regiment of singlies to camp, so that they couldn't hump the Pads wives?

Hmmmn. I smell bullshit.

Come on...Tell us why you're really confined....

lurkin any chance you could use a bit of punctuation reading your posts is making my eyes bleed let us know if anyone in the regt gets a massive payout

You want to do what we always did.

Nominate one of the lads, a particularly loud mouthed one is best, to go around all the gated lads for about an hour, exhorting them to ignore the gating. Using the simple phrase,

"Come on lads, they can't fcuking charge us all" he will soon convince the troops to go for a beer, regardless of the consequences.

This method was used on an adventure training camp outside Plymouth in 1988, and it worked almost perfectly. The only downside was that the OC, did indeed charge us all. 50 quid each if I remember rightly. He also asked one of the PTI's if they wouldn't mind giving us knees to the chest for a bit as well.

I hear you, Convoy...

Exercise Lion Sun in Cyprus 1995.

"You're all confined to camp for two days. Limassol and Ayia Napa are strictly out of bounds"

We all went out.

They did charge us all.

And fuck, did we all suffer......

LBdr_Pigshagger said:
I hear you, Convoy...

Exercise Lion Sun in Cyprus 1995.

"You're all confined to camp for two days. Limassol and Ayia Napa are strictly out of bounds"

We all went out.

They did charge us all.

And *, did we all suffer......
Was that the gating after the infamous speedboat affair or jut general post RGJ/Danish mutual appreciation party ("Bring a shovel") gating ?

I believe we got out there just as RMP were scraping the Danish bird off the tarmac, hence the Island-wide Gating...

That really fucked us, that did.

F*cking Royal Green Jackets.....

Still, once we were allowed out it did bring a world title for Frank Bruno and the famous 'Piper Doon' incident....

Attachments

ah yes, I still have the pics (which I will save incase I ever get picked up for speeding in Herefordshire) :plotting:

We may of been allowed out for the Bruno fight, but we were still banned form Napa :thumleft:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin Competitions 27
MOANING_BARSTEWARD The NAAFI Bar 91
A The NAAFI Bar 128