Naff Christmas Decorations

ancient

War Hero
You'll all be pleased to know that Wilkinson's have got the Christmas music on already. I did a delivery in Didcot yesterday and got a blast of "Rockin' around the Christmas tree" for my troubles.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
´Tis the season to get creative with the tinsel and the glitter. But not, it seems at my local ´Spoons in Cardiff which had this to offer today:

View attachment 430740

Some real imagination and artistic talent went into this. Anyone else see anything that did little to inspire festive cheer and goodwill to all men?

No, but I did spot a massive money-spinning opportunity which I'd hitherto missed.

Visited Chessington Garden centre last Friday, on the flimsy premise of having a look at the (sometimes tasteful) decorations available for purchase. Actually I met at the café with an old school friend over from Canada, so not entirely shite.

However, whilst browsing the Christmas tat, as one does, I noticed some plastic mesh bags full of pine cones. £7.50 a pop.

As I regularly walk my dog in the local area - parks, commons and other open spaces - I thought "**** ME, I'M MISSING SOMETHING HERE".

anglo

LE
Christmas wears thin, when you've had 76 of the freckers, another pair of socks or a bag
of liquorice allsorts will push me over the edge :eek:

´Tis the season to get creative with the tinsel and the glitter. But not, it seems at my local ´Spoons in Cardiff which had this to offer today:

View attachment 430740

Some real imagination and artistic talent went into this. Anyone else see anything that did little to inspire festive cheer and goodwill to all men?
FFS, these cnuts could wake up with a bed full of nymphos and a vat of their favourite booze/marching powder and still whinge, don't encourage the feckers. Please.

No, but I did spot a massive money-spinning opportunity which I'd hitherto missed.

Visited Chessington Garden centre last Friday, on the flimsy premise of having a look at the (sometimes tasteful) decorations available for purchase. Actually I met at the café with an old school friend over from Canada, so not entirely shite.

However, whilst browsing the Christmas tat, as one does, I noticed some plastic mesh bags full of pine cones. £7.50 a pop.

As I regularly walk my dog in the local area - parks, commons and other open spaces - I thought "**** ME, I'M MISSING SOMETHING HERE".
Nah.

At that price they must be a particularly savage DIY kit for these:

You forget that in a lot of people's minds the £7.50 bag of pine cones is higher quality than free ones. Usually the same people who wear designer clothing with the company's logo and name emblazoned all over.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

All a waste of time, effort, money, and electricity. Importing tonnes of Chinese produced crap that either gets binned or breaks after 2 weeks only for the cycle to be carried out again in 12 months.

Re pine cones - they cost £7.50 a bag at Xmas becuase

1) townies aren't allowed to 'steal' from parks
2) they have be to be collected in late summer, when the pine trees fruit.

Latest Threads