Nadine Dorries:- A woman scorned roasting the toes of posh boys

She knows she's writing her own political death warrant. She's still boiling because CMD made her look foolish in parliament.

I see her deselection in her near future.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
She's just another of the Tory right who are hacked off at having to work with the Libdems in a coalition; as is made plain here Nadine Dorries tells David Cameron to change policies or lose Tory leadership | Politics | guardian.co.uk (c) Y Grauniad/TheObserver.

What she fails to appreciate is that without the Libdems her party wouldn't be in governement at all. If there is a move to replace CMD (and I can't see it as being anything more than a fantasy at the moment) then the Tories will shoot themselves in the foot and ensure that they are out of government after the next election.

And I say that as someone who hates the Tories.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
She's just another of the Tory right who are hacked off at having to work with the Libdems in a coalition; as is made plain here Nadine Dorries tells David Cameron to change policies or lose Tory leadership | Politics | guardian.co.uk (c) Y Grauniad/TheObserver.

What she fails to appreciate is that without the Libdems her party wouldn't be in governement at all. If there is a move to replace CMD (and I can't see it as being anything more than a fantasy at the moment) then the Tories will shoot themselves in the foot and ensure that they are out of government after the next election.

And I say that as someone who hates the Tories.
Even if they chose Boris, who can't seem to do anything wrong at the moment?

She does not need to be deselected, her seat is almost certain to be abolished before the 2015 general election.
Well, great!

So in order to get a bit of honesty and independent thought out of my MP, they just need to know they are out of a job soon?

Seems like an argument for fixed terms of service and regular replacement of the incumbant, preventing the rise of a professional political class.

Mind you, given we can't seem to get people with half a brain on jury service (as people with other or better things to do, do those better or other things to do rather than jury service) that doesn't seem too great a plan either.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Sounds to me like she's realised the gig's up.
She seems to be hoping that by constantly slagging the goverment she'll get picked up by the BBC and stuck in with their stable of ex politico's.
She'll be able to squeeze inbetween Paddick Prescott and Smith to spout the shit they love on question time.

Does she think that if she does get Cameron and Osbourne removed the nesxt incumbant is going to promote a snake in the grass like her?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
"Dorries said she was not worried if her rebellious comments meant she was stripped of the whip but argued it would "reflect badly" on the Conservative Party if that happened."

Guess who'll be having an interview sans coffee with the Chief Whip on tuesday morning.

It'll go one of two ways, either the party will be content to look at its bad reflection, or the party will decide it's better to have her on the inside pissing out (rather than on the outside pissing in).

I suspect that CMD will be reminded of Major's problems dealing with Theresa Gorman et al (and she did have the whip removed for voting against the Maastrict Treaty).

If I had to put money on it, she'll have the whip suspended rather than withdrawn completely.

I think if she does have the whip suspended or withdrawn she will defect, she is a very fiesty character. I think any action of that sort would create a very real crisis for the Conservative party.

E

EScotia

No crisis will happen because one disenchanted, gobby MP (either male or female) spouts off to the media. If she is not happy with the way her party is developing and deploying it's policies then she should go back to her constituency and ask how they wish her to implement their wishes. If they want her to support her party she then has two choices, resign or STFU. If they want her to carry on doing what she has been doing then I think Conservative Central Office may well be having a closer look at her constituency, while it still exists that is!

She should not have the whip withdrawn, it should be used literally and liberally until she STFU.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
I think if she does have the whip suspended or withdrawn she will defect, she is a very fiesty character. I think any action of that sort would create a very real crisis for the Conservative party.
Who to?

The coalition have a majority of over 280. Losing Dorries won't spark an immediate crisis for the govt in that they should be able to get all their legislation through. It might even do CMD good in that he can "show leadership".

Still if it does precipitate a crisis, Ed Milliband will be rubbing his hands in glee.

As Ms Mench (MMMMmmmmmmmm) tweeted today. "Does anybody remember Nadines threats to remove the speaker"? She was full of shit then, she's full of shit now.
Mench has something of the "I'll kill my mother for you Adolf, er, David" about her. Not so much gratuitous photo as gratuitous clone of Thatcher minus gravitas, authentic history of hording baked bean tins, and having a meaningful vision, albeit warped.

Celebrity MPs are three letters beyond Z in Z list.