Naafi workers death in service

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Biff32, Sep 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, can anyone confirm that there is no death in service payment for Civi EFI NAAFI workers in Afghan ?

Bit strange that the 148SQN RLC NAAFI workers (TA) would be covered but non TA wouldn't be. Same country, same risks, same flights, same road trips but no payment from the MoD if they are injured or killed through any connection with work !

PAX insurance won't cover them as non-TA or Regs, is it just me that can see a black hole here ?

Best quote so far for 12 months cover £800 !

Anyone with advice on this please RSVP or links to a insurance company that would cover us.

Thanks
    Biff32

2. Surely if you are Civvy workers you should be offered some form of cover or possibly some form of subsidy on premiums via your Civvy employer ie NAAFI! I cannot see why the MOD should cover you if you are not employed by the MOD!! Or am I missing something??

PW

3. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

Answer's in the question. You're not MOD. You're a civvie in a civvie company who just happens to be working in the civvie shop in Afghanistan.

4. civvi workers dont take same risks as 148sqn at all, they never leave the safety of main camps. i am ex reg infantry and was with 148 in afghan,stagged on loads,made brews,its a shit job working with shit *****,they recruit fat nackers from civvies,give them 2weeks TA training and a uniform and they class themselves soldiers,the whole sqadron is an absolute nightmare full of wannabes who would get turned away from regs, AVOID THESE IDIOTS AT ALL COSTS

5. Hey, Biff32, any chance of a few buckshee Naafi Growlers?

6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

The big glaring clue about "no death in service payment" is that you're not bloody serving. The TA are.

What a chod post.

7. god loves naafi growlers, i certainly do :)

8. Do your mates call you Trigger?

Do you have any mates?

9. no and yes,i'm just saying what i saw and its the truth,thats all

10. ####Well........join the TA then.....Simple init!:bounce:

11. Death in Service doesn't just refer to military service. It can refer to any member of a pension scheme or someone covered by a works insurance scheme. Death Benefits - The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS)
    But don't let facts stop you posting ill thought out rubbish in a sarcastic manner as if it's obvious.

Who's the chod now?

12. patch27 has not made any friends yet..........

cut from your profile loser, run away and play soldiers somewhere else!!!!!

13. probably spent more time on tour than you've spent in the army,tosser,probably a remf

14. You're a little bit out of date I think - Rumour has it that a waiver has been signed to allow these civi workers to leave Bsn and go fwd for the remainder of H15 until some TA blokes can deploy at some point on H16 to run an RDS!

15. Do you wear the Queens uniform?

Do you have an Army number? Do you get awarded medals? My opinion is that the NAAFI should pay you identical benefits to what MOD would pay to an RLC uniformed person.

One of the points to RLC/EFI or Navy equivalents is that if you serve overseas in a war zone then you are protected by the Geneva Convention.