• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

NAAFI mafia?

Any truth in the rumour that 102 Log Bde is/was being leaned on by NAAFI to keep the ban in force for Sammy's/Twin Temple (just down from PRB) in order to keep profits up?
I was there on the night of the incident which led to the initial ban and sad as it was - it was 2 or 3 years ago. Just wondering because almost every time I drive past he's shut. When it is open, there are only ever two or three bods (civs) in there even though he has clearly spent money on the place.

C

cloudbuster

I wouldn't be at all surprised, there's plenty of history for such activities, on the grounds that competition 'reduces what the NAAFI, as a non-profit making supplier can return to its customers'. Many a unit bar has had this sort of threat raised against the vital service that they provided.

From my understanding when I was in PRB: The ban is still in force because they do not want large groups of drunk squaddies staggering back down a very dangerous road. (There have been a lot of fatalities on that stretch of road over the past 10 years) Where as if you getted p1ssed up in town you invariably get a taxi back (or at worst - only walk back in smaller numbers!)

Latest Threads