• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

NAAFI CLUB IN ABERDEEN

B

Biscuits_AB

beekay1943 said:
Can anyone remember the NAAFI Club in Aberdeen (see postcard). If so, where about was it situated?

Try Auld Yin.....I think he's the baldy guy reading the paper.

B

Biscuits_AB

There was some sort of G'Daffi in Aberdeen in the early 50's. My old fella was a Gordon and him and his mate went diffy from Brig o' Don one night and headed off into the town. The story as he told me was that they bumped into my Grandad, who'd recently left the mob and my Great Uncle, who was a serving CSM at BoD. Anyway, after they'd necked a few, my Grandad asked my Dad if he was out on an overnight pass, to which the old fella replied "No, we've just buggered off for the night", or words to that effect. My Great Uncle promptly arrested my Dad and his mate and took them back up to BoD and jailed them.

It's definetly not the NAAFI from Gordon Barracks at the Bridge of Don. I think Sanchauks suggestion of Bridge St or Market St could well be right.

Thanks RMA1 and LEGZ30 for the intelligent replies to my query. To the others - I now know where to find a new asshole after digesting all your rubbish!! Why waste your time and the forum space!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Biccies - well below your usual standard :lol:

I would have thought that you would have admitted to the ARRSE populace that this was the place your Mum lost her 'purse' and that you were spawned on Union Street :twisted:

From readings of many biographies such as Bravo 2 Zulu, I have come to learn that many NAAFI premises during WWII were 'down town' to allow the sojers a chance of getting out of barracks. There was, on the other hand, the real NAAFI which is venerated on this web site to this day.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Biccies - well below your usual standard :lol:

I would have thought that you would have admitted to the ARRSE populace that this was the place your Mum lost her 'purse' and that you were spawned on Union Street :twisted:

From readings of many biographies such as Bravo 2 Zulu, I have come to learn that many NAAFI premises during WWII were 'down town' to allow the sojers a chance of getting out of barracks. There was, on the other hand, the real NAAFI which is venerated on this web site to this day.

OOpps :oops:

Latest Threads