Naafi cash machines

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by dirtyradop, Aug 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dont know if this is the right place for this but here goes. I went to the cash machine in the Naafi the other day and got 20 euro out. One day later i went to my bank to get a statement, i nearly poo'd myself when i realised that for the (privilidge) of using the machine they charged me 6 euro. Does anyone else think this is slightly high or am i just getting old?
  2. It's the same everywhere UK too. Bloody robbin b'stards! I'm sure some MP was on about it a while back. Give your MP a shout and see what the score is - make them earn their money!

If in Eurotasticville - get a local account - get cash out in advance!
  3. Are you in Germany? In UK most NAAFIs will do cashback at the till for free (Given a £5 purchase usually). Not Ideal but better than paying and getting nothing back for it.
  4. You could look out for one of the 90 free-to-use Forces Financial cash machines on military establishments in the UK, because every time you withdraw cash Help for Heroes receives a 5p donation, and you are not charged for the transaction.

We are currently discussing a potential non-charging solution for ATMs in BFG, which would prevent the charges you described, which we suspect may have resulted from a foreign transaction charge levied by your UK bank.

Forces Financial is a trading name of Stuart Harvey Insurance Brokers Limited who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registration number 301858. Registered Office: Globe House, 24 Turret Lane, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 1DL
  5. The cash machines in Merville Bks in Colchester are free.