NAAFI breaks.......

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by dazk55, Jan 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What was your favourite scoof at NAAFI break and where...?

1st Choice:

What: The original NAAFI minced beef & onion pastie with brown sauce.

Where: At any NAAFI in UK.

2nd Choice:

What: Bacon & Cheese on toast.

Where: Wives Club Cafe / bar @ 3 B.A.D. Bracht. BAOR.

Any takers.....?

2. Tuna and mayo roll from the bun-slag.

3. Any toastie from the AAC Arborfield NAAFI in '76-'77, just to hear Linda shout "Toastie", in a bad English accent, with an associated speech defect. Instantly echoed by all in there with "Toastie" at the top of the lungs, mimicing the accent/defect. Timeless, you had to be there!

4. A truly wank thread, but fcuk me, I haven't heard that for over 15 years, outstanding!!! :D :D

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

When I was in Munster it was cold cheese and onion pasties and a pint of milk. The jocks I worked with in Crewe in 02 used to announce the sandwich wagons arrival over the tannoy as: "Oy Yous lot the butty bitch is in!"

6. Bacon Roll from the Toch van

7. In Montgomery Lines (5 AB Bde), we had a multitude of choice at varying times of the day, starting with the Sally Bash vehicle at about 9.30 am doing cheese rolls, onto Naafi break about 11 ish for a pie then in the afternoon the Tony Bell wagon turned up, it was an Italian fella in an ice cream van that served skanky burgers but we still ate them. It was a surprise that any of us could walk let alone run and tab!

8. Fried egg on toast with broon sauce - YMCA Roberts Barracks, Osnatraz late 80's

9. Cheesy beans on toast and a brew from the 10%er at the Jacko, Gib Barracks

10. melted cheese on spagetti hoops from the silkman cafe , krefeld lines jhq. Just to hear the filipino bird shout " cheesey hoops".

11. beat me to it. what a place

12. Mince pie in a bun, tomato and brown sauce: Sally Bash wagon: Piave Lines Catterick

13. chicken and mushroom pie with a hole carefully scooped in the top of it and then filled up with brown sauce, washed down with a pint of milk, any naafi anywhere, fcuking luuuvley.

14. couldn't beat the brocky wagon down the sheds on a january morning,

maybe wolfgang in on ex in winter frites mit mayo, amazin :thumright:

15. She's still there now!