NAAFI breaks? No more going down the Colonel

Ok you young 'uns, how will you refer going to the Naafi for a growler now that the chap has been captured/killed, after all, in a few years time, nipping to 'the colonel' won't mean much will it?

Just a thought from one of the old and bold

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
"Anyone for a Sodexo break" doesn't have the same ring to it.

Still pay for things with a nice crisp Ayrton, don't we?

cent05zr70

On ROPS
On ROPs
Since it's not been the "NAAFI" for a very long time, I assume "colonel" died ages ago.
Wot!! Not the NAAFI? Where do you spend your BAFs?

FFS, as we seem to be dealing in acronyms.

We haven't been able to spend our Pfegs in the Gadaffi for a long time, remember seeing the Trogs getting a beating by the Duke of Boots and the Jackets in Traz after getting pissed up on yellow handbags in their BFG plated Ford Capri.

I'm just off down the "PAYD Consolidated Dining Facility, Recreation, Retail and Welfare Centre"..... Nope just doesn't work (a bit like PAYD itself)

We haven't been able to spend our Pfegs in the Gadaffi for a long time, remember seeing the Trogs getting a beating by the Duke of Boots and the Jackets in Traz after getting pissed up on yellow handbags in their BFG plated Ford Capri.
Was that down the Scat and did any end up in the MRS

Ok, I'm fine with the demise of the RCT, DWR, RGJ, Ford Capri, NAAFI, Osnabrueck, and no more BFG plates, but WTF do you mean about Yeller Handbags? No Herfie? WTF!!!!
Yellow Handbags were what we got paid for passing BFG's...if the suspension wasnt low enough on your cars you knew there wasnt enough slabs of beer in the boot to pass :)

Herforder Pils is still going strong, although no longer available in the NAAFI. I have been assured that you can still get the 'yellow handbag' but I haven't seen one in years.

So what do you call this Forum now.

Confused of Malone.

Herforder Pils is still going strong, although no longer available in the NAAFI. I have been assured that you can still get the 'yellow handbag' but I haven't seen one in years.
Must be a NIG as I knew them as Orange Handbags. Sure I saw them on sale in a supermarket in the UK recently.

cent05zr70

On ROPS
On ROPs
About time someone started an acronym thread innit? LOL.

Must be a NIG as I knew them as Orange Handbags. Sure I saw them on sale in a supermarket in the UK recently.
Don't blame yourself for your colour blindness. It is 'yellow' and always was 'yellow' as yellow and blue are the Herforder corporate colours. I live in Herford and there used to be pallets loaded with 'handbags' in every shop. Now there are only crates and six-packs, hence my comment.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dazk55 The NAAFI Bar 46
Mag_to_grid The Intelligence Cell 2
Mighty_doh_nut The NAAFI Bar 497