NAAFI breaks? No more going down the Colonel

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by JT0475, Oct 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok you young 'uns, how will you refer going to the Naafi for a growler now that the chap has been captured/killed, after all, in a few years time, nipping to 'the colonel' won't mean much will it?

Just a thought from one of the old and bold

2. Since it's not been the "NAAFI" for a very long time, I assume "colonel" died ages ago.

3. Plus ca change then!

4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

"Anyone for a Sodexo break" doesn't have the same ring to it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Still pay for things with a nice crisp Ayrton, don't we?

6. Next you'll be telling me they don't have SLRs any more.

7. Wot!! Not the NAAFI? Where do you spend your BAFs?

FFS, as we seem to be dealing in acronyms.

8. BAFs. Fucking Brilliant. That'll shut some of the cunts up.

9. We haven't been able to spend our Pfegs in the Gadaffi for a long time, remember seeing the Trogs getting a beating by the Duke of Boots and the Jackets in Traz after getting pissed up on yellow handbags in their BFG plated Ford Capri.

10. Outside the NAAFI. "Gunners do it with a Bang" sticker in the back window. Covert as fuck. Memories.

11. I'm just off down the "PAYD Consolidated Dining Facility, Recreation, Retail and Welfare Centre"..... Nope just doesn't work (a bit like PAYD itself)

12. Was that down the Scat and did any end up in the MRS

13. Yellow Handbags were what we got paid for passing BFG's...if the suspension wasnt low enough on your cars you knew there wasnt enough slabs of beer in the boot to pass :)

14. Herforder Pils is still going strong, although no longer available in the NAAFI. I have been assured that you can still get the 'yellow handbag' but I haven't seen one in years.

15. HHH

HHH LE

So what do you call this Forum now.

Confused of Malone.