Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Rantallion, Mar 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just had a quick idea.

Have you ever noticed how some people occasionally stumble out of NAAFI Bar into Current Affairs, News and Analysis without leaving their opinions, attitudes and language in the Bar?

"Dry your eyes princess."
    "Wonder if it'll be a dud like the last one."

Just thinking, a in recent times, some bright spark in an Armoury painted all the blank magazines yellow, to remind people when they're live and when they're blank.

Is there to be any millage to be had in painting the NAAFI Bar yellow, so that when people are browsing "Last 50 Posts", posting bollocks to each of them whilst pished they don't accidently offend the grownups in Current Affairs?
  2. I like it! :)
  3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

To be honest the only reason I come on this site is to post foul language and scat pictures in the 'sensible threads.'

I feel a colour coding system would make it difficult for me to put my actions down to drunken mistakes.
  4. Dry your eyes Mother Teresa.
  5. Drunk is drunk and that means even more colour blind.

Why take any notice of something painted as a drill round? Front page would also look sh*te.
  6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

The essential art of reading anything is to skip the bullshit and get into the real meaning of what has been written. If you are drawn to a naughty word and spend your time on that word then you are not reading or comprhending the actual post. Remember, some people deliberately use shocking language to make their point (no shit Sherlock 8) ) and this is in fact an integral part of the post, regardless of the forum in which it is posted.

It becomes quite funny at times when people latch on to someone being naughty and totally forget what the thread is all about. (Especially the spelung natzis :lol: )

I realise that the purists feel that their life has been totally ripped apart by people doing this, but as has been previously said 'Dry your eyes Princess'. :p
  7. It's not by accident surely (you puff)
  8. A bright spark? I'm sure an ATO would have picked a different colour - and had good reason for doing so.

Come on dingerr! I'm rattling your cage!
  9. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

10. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

It has the fatal flaw of still needing the posters to exercise a bit of self-restraint and would therefore be doomed to failure. Getting some of the mongs on here to abide by the posting standards for each forum is akin to knitting fog.
  11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Give me your sizes and I will get you a nice new foggy cardy :p