NAAFI and Xmas

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BaggyInBlack, Oct 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well everyone, it's official, it's now Xmas. If you come to the NAAFIs in Guetersloh, you will now see all the Xmas decorations up. I don't know if they will hang ghosts and vampires up on the holly for halloween, but Santa is very early this year.

NAAFI, why? It's confusing the kids who are already asking about Santa when they haven't even asked for trick or treat yet. Why not leave it until later? Why not get halloween over with first? At this rate, you will be putting Xmas decorations up with feckin Easter eggs in March.

Rant over.

2. Its the same everywhere.The kids see all the crimbo gear hanging up and that turn's the mind toward's sweets toys ect.Then they start nagging more so parent's buy them stickies to placate them.It's neo-pagan christian holiday time,buy,buy buy!

Personally I think a good way to combat this would be to have more Gary Glitter types knocking around in santa rig.The kids would soon lose there appatite for stickies and may actually stop becoming such rotund eating machines.

3. I think NAAFI should pull the deco down...it's arrse