n00b question about "RFN" rank

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by MarkSmith, Jan 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm a noobie, what does RFN stand for? :cyclopsani:

Thanks,

Mark

2. On my signing up docs it says Rank RFN, I would like to know what RFN means

3. Reet Fukcing Nob

4. Retarded Fucking Numpty!

CC_TA

5. It means Rifleman Mark.

6. Really Fuc*ing new.

7. Done alot of research on your new regiment have you?

8. WAH!

9. I'm quite sure that all the smart a***s with their glib answers were fully up to speed on the abbreviations used in the army when they were joining up.Take no notice of them Mark and just listen to people who are capable of giving a sensible answer. The first time I wrote home with Cfn as my rank my father , who was ex army, didn't know what it meant as their were no craftsmen when he was in.

10. There are some complete naughty people on this site and i don't mean the member who asked the original question.

11. We all had to start somewhere - cut the lad some slack

Rfn = Rifleman - equivelent to Private/Kingsman/Ranger

The main difference is that once a Rifleman always a Rifleman, even when you get promoted. So, even if you reach Sergeant tou will still consider yourself a Rifleman, as this is a generic term for anyone serving in the Rifles (and RGJ). Its something to be proud of.

Even an ex RGJ General will consider himself a Rifleman

12. I was Bombardier when I first went out with my missus and she wrote me a bluey and put my rank as Bdr, her dad (ex-TA and UDR) thought it stood for Padre

To Mark, congratulations Rifleman, you are joining a very good regiment (even though the marching looks a little silly)

13. I was Bombardier when I first went out with my missus and she wrote me a bluey and put my rank as Bdr, her dad (ex-TA and UDR) thought it stood for Padre

To Mark, congratulations Rifleman, you are joining a very good regiment (even though the marching looks a little silly)[/quote] It's not Silly it's F*cking Outstanding...

14. It's not Silly it's F*cking Outstanding..

It's too bl**dy fast for me with my short legs. As the special one says, "Once a Rifleman always a Rifleman" it's the same in the REME (Don't laugh) "Once a Craftsman always a Craftsman"