N Koreas bomb would kill 200,000

N Korea's bomb 'would kill 200,000'
Sunday Telegraph
Link
The nuclear weapon that North Korea intends to detonate in an underground test is big enough to kill up to 200,000 people were it ever to be used against a city such as Seoul or Tokyo, Russian military experts have revealed.

They say that the weapon, with the same 20-kiloton yield as the bomb dropped on Nagasaki, is about 10ft long and weighs four tons. It is too big to fit on to any missile Kim Jong Il's regime currently possesses but if it were detonated above ground it could destroy everything within five square miles.

Speculation has mounted that North Korea may conduct its first nuclear test as early as today after it confirmed last week that it intended to press ahead.

Eh. And that's why I say South Korea should just invade the North, nick their nuclear weapons and then point them at China. But that's just the unrealistic raving right-wing warmonger in me talking. :)

I'll be worried when they finally manage to get these things shrunk down in size and weaponised - that is able to fit on a missile. Short of smuggling it out of the country and then next to its target they haven't got any other way of delivering it. From what I've read their air force is pretty much non-existant and even then was a couple of generations behind so unless they try building their own mini-supergun they're buggered delivery-wise.

Well, my bomb can kill 300,000 and my Dad can so beat up your Dad, so shut up North Korea.

Yeah.

Is this news? Nuclear bombs are "traditionally" capable of causing death on a massive massive scale.What were they expecting?A nuke that was capable of killing ten people?

Devil_Dog said:
What were they expecting?A nuke that was capable of killing ten people?
Yeah, you gotta watch out for my nuclear fountain pen.

Devil_Dog said:
Is this news? Nuclear bombs are "traditionally" capable of causing death on a massive massive scale.What were they expecting?A nuke that was capable of killing ten people?
Would solve the problem of youths hanging about and, doubly, prevent them from returning for about 25,000 years! :D