N Korean nuclear strike could cause chaos in US

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by DesktopCommando, Mar 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did I insult your boyfriend or something? He's a troll. I suspect you are too.

2. It's a lot of hot air certainly

As I said, we'll see ............

You need to look behind the headline in your agitprop sites. Answers on a postcard on the Libya thread why Iran would want IS to be Mossad inspired/led.

That's because he makes some of your posts look lucid and coherent. Some .............

3. 184461

184461 On ROPs

It takes one to know one.
    Maybe this whole site is packed-out with trolls.
    Who knows?
    Who cares?
    Move on

• Show again braincell Show again braincell x 2
  4. How old are you? 12?

5. North Korea defiant over U.N. sanctions as Trump says tougher steps needed
    The rhetoric goes on. KCNA reported as saying that they're going to increase their strength and the sanctions are an infringement on their right of self defence:
    The US will apparently suffer the greatest pain in its history. Is he going to stop trans fat?
    Looks like Mount Mantap(san) may be having some more work completed on it:
    Trump seems happy with the 15-0 Resolution but is looking for more:
    The People's Daily believes its an ongoing (vicious) cycle:
    China's Foreign Ministry:
    Another RoK, 'show of force' with ASMs:
    What the sanctions aim to achieve:

6. Watch as South Korea's new Taurus cruise missile hits target, in stark warning to Kim Jong-un
    More on the Taurus ASMs:
    [​IMG]

E2A: Exhibitor List Static
    Taurus are at DSEI, it must be a conspiracy. Or is it only a conspiracy if US Defence companies?

7. 184461

184461 On ROPs

You've SABC'd everyone of my posts with no decent counter-arguement and you've got the balls to ask me how old I am?
    That's a bit of a piss take

• Show again braincell Show again braincell x 3
  8. That's because most of your statements are so patently cretinous there is no counter-argument to be made.
    I was just registering my opinion of you.

Awaiting your inevitable riposte. Please try to rise to at least the level of 6th year politics this time...

9. 184461

184461 On ROPs

While you are still posting/saying nothing, the US are (apparently) already planning what they're going to do after they've invaded DPRK.
    The plans have been kept so quiet that they aren't classified TS and have instead been leaked to The Sun!

NORTH KOREAN INSURGENCY
    US ‘quietly making plans to occupy North Korea after war and deal with insurgencies like in Iraq and Libya’

Donald Trump's (anonymous) generals and (unnamed) advisers are said to be concerned that a (fictitious) fanatical insurgency would bog down US forces in North Korea for years

By Sam Webb
    13th September 2017, 12:58 pm
    Updated: 13th September 2017, 1:04 pm
    WASHINGTON military experts are planning for the occupation of North Korea if knife-edge tension over Kim Jong-un's nukes spills over into all-out war, it has been reported.

Military advisers claim the impoverished Stalinist nation would soon collapse - with a huge loss of life in both South and North Korea - if America and its allies invaded.
    US 'quietly making plans to occupy North Korea after war and deal with insurgencies like in Iraq and Libya'

I doubt there'd be much of anything to fight for if anyone decides to start MAD.

But who is this Pullitzer-star Sam Webb?
    Check out his amazing recent history of articles...alas not exactly Bob Woodward
    Sam Webb - journalisted.com

Maybe The Sun know different from the UN?
    North Korea does not want war, world does not want regime change: U.N.
    #World News
    September 12, 2017 / 11:01 PM / Updated a day ago
    GENEVA (Reuters) - North Korea does not want to start a nuclear war and the world is not seeking to overthrow its leader Kim Jong Un, the U.N. disarmament chief said on Tuesday.

Izumi Nakamitsu, U.N. High Representative for Disarmament Affairs, said there was hope for a peaceful end to the tension caused by the nuclear ambitions of North Korea, also known as Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK).

“I don’t think DPRK wants to start a nuclear war,” she told a news conference in Geneva.
    Asked if the pressure on North Korea was pushing the world to the brink of nuclear war, Nakamitsu said U.N. officials were in touch with all sides and nobody - including North Korea - saw a military solution to the crisis.
    North Korea does not want war, world does not want regime change: U.N.

Has the Murdoch press been caught printing shit again?

• Show again braincell Show again braincell x 4
  10. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Mad? NO, BAD.

11. Oh good grief - this is the problem with conspiracy theorists - everything is a conspiracy - no logic or common sense can be applied.

If you carry out hypothetical planning its a conspiracy that you really want X to happen
    If you don't carry out hypothetical planning its a conspiracy that you wanted Z to happen as a result of X

US War Contingency planning - includes dealing with insurgencies shocker.

In other news US documents include plans for war with Canada, Russia, China and Vietnam and possibly even the EU.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Pretty much, if they think a 74 year old wrestler is in the know.

If the US have plans for a stability force a NKFOR or ISAF for N Korea, it's a conspiracy. If the PRC or Soviet Union Russia have the same or similar plans (and I'd be extremely surprised if the PRC didn't) it's a well thought out proposal should the worst happen. What a bizarre world you live in

• Like Like x 1
  13. 184461

184461 On ROPs

Why do NK say they need nuclear weapons?
    As a defence against western aggression.

What do you actually think NK are going to do with the nukes they have if they are provoked/attacked?
    Turn that part of the world into a nuclear waste-land.

Now do you actually think this is going to be anything approaching Iraq-style with a post-nuclear insurgency to boot?

The US had no post-invasion plans for anything in Iraq '03 after they took the oilfields and put the oil back to $
    what actually makes you think they have plans for a post-nuclear attack DPRK and why do you think this plan was so secret that it ended up fed to The Sun (who then fed it to the civpop)?

14. Never a truer word.

You like the view of your own posts, going against the flow, and arguing against the crowd...or simply a NK sympathiser, oblivious to the basic inhumanity of that regime.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 184461

184461 On ROPs

Yeah, I'm unpatriotic- 'course I am.
    I think KJU is a great bloke- 'course I do.

I'm pointing out the obvious, that many of you either fail to see or don't want to see.
    If you take it as going against the crowd for the sake of it then you'd be completely wrong.
    If you actually think I'm a KJU sympathiser you'd be completely wrong again.

If this happened back in '03 then I'd probably be in your camp but it's not '03 and these types of scenarios have been pulled multiple times since and everytime it turns out that the politicians and press did nothing more than lie through their teeth just to go to war for reasons that only become obvious after the fact when it's always too late.

There's the POV of multiple media outlets reporting sometimes devisive stories some media outlets reporting what is a bit closer to veritable int then there's the actual POV of the actual movers and shakers.
    We need to seperate the no-duff from the duff.
    This from the UK Daily Star from 3 days ago.
    You need to seperate the no-duff from the duff.

Signs North Korea about to fire nuclear missile at US TODAY

NORTH Korea looks set to fire an intercontinental ballistic missile as Kim Jong-un threatens the US with the “greatest pain”.
    By David Trayner / Published 11th September 2017

Workers have been spotted preparing a missile launch pad in the hermit state for blast off.

The launch pad – in Samjiyon, Ryanggang Province – is 2,000metres above sea level and can fire missiles much further than North Korea’s other bases.

Observers say the regime is replacing old medium-range missiles with its new Hwasong-14 long-range rocket – which (unnamed) experts believe is capable of delivering a nuclear warhead to the mainland US.

[​IMG] GETTY

BLAST OFF: North Korea may be about to launch a nuke strike on the US
    The UN is poised to punish Kim’s trigger-happy regime with new sanctions for its sixth nuke test today.
    Even though there was no launch the DS still confirmed the launch even though it never happened.

From today's DS...Exactly the same script:

North Korea 'preparing for IMMINENT missile launch'
    By Joshua Nevett / Published 14th September 2017

NORTH Korea appears to be preparing for another missile launch, according to senior US military officials.
    ...Now (unidentified) US intelligence suggests fresh maneuvers to prepare for a new missile launch are under way.

A tweet from NBC reads: "North Korea observed moving mobile missile launchers & preparing hard sites in last 48 hours, per 3 (anonymous) U.S. senior military officials."

North Korea 'preparing for IMMINENT missile launch'

Today's DE states:

What's Kim up to now? New images suggest North Korea planning ANOTHER nuclear test

NORTH KOREA could be preparing for yet another underground nuclear test, according to experts analysing the latest set of satellite pictures.
    By Ross Logan
    PUBLISHED: 17:45, Wed, Sep 13, 2017 | UPDATED: 18:18, Wed, Sep 13, 2017

A great comment on that article seemingly from one of the posters on this thread......
    "With a bit of luck the Plutonium, and Radiation will all escape into the atmosphere and contaminate North Korea, PRC, and Russia. or he causes a massive earthquake affecting the same countries."
    What's Kim up to now? New images suggest North Korea planning ANOTHER nuclear test

From last week's DE:

North Korea crisis: USA deploys HUNDREDS of troops amid fears of Kim missile test TODAY
    NORTH Korea’s threats to launch yet another missile has been met with the deployment of hundreds of American troops to East Asia.
    By Joey Millar
    PUBLISHED: 09:11, Sat, Sep 9, 2017 | UPDATED: 11:01, Sat, Sep 9, 2017
    North Korea crisis: USA deploys HUNDREDS of troops amid fears of Kim missile test TODAY

North Korea vows 'POWERFUL countermeasures' as long-range missile launch ‘due TOMORROW'
    NORTH Korea has vowed to respond to fresh sanctions by the United Nations with “powerful countermeasures” as the South Korean Prime Minister warned that Kim Jong-un may launch an intercontinental ballistic missile, capable of reaching the US, tomorrow.
    By Nicole Stinson
    PUBLISHED: 05:26, Fri, Sep 8, 2017 | UPDATED: 07:21, Fri, Sep 8, 2017
    North Korea vows 'POWERFUL countermeasures' as long-range missile launch ‘due TOMORROW'

There'll be a similar story tomorrow no doubt and the day after.

The international gutter-press are happy to manipulate the civpop into expecting conflict with NK, wonder why I'm just not buying it?
    Maybe because the level of int being pushed is designed to appease simpletons with really short memories.

Present company included.