N Korean nuclear strike could cause chaos in US

North Korea Rocket Strike Threat Targets US

North Korea has ordered its military to be ready to strike US bases in Guam, Hawaii and mainland America, according to State TV.

The announcement came as images were released showing a new round of military exercises by the isolated state.

The still photographs show what appears to be a sea-borne assault using hovercraft and an artillery drill using multiple rocket launchers.

According to the news agency, Kim Jong Un "stressed the need to destroy and wipe away any enemy who lands on their coast through strong firepower and ordered the soldiers of the heroic Korean People's Army to display their mettle in the great war against the enemies".

"Crazy like wild wolves threatened with fire, send all of them to the bottom of the sea," Kim is quoted as saying.

The problem America has with North Korea, is that they cannot simply nuke them back to the stoneage and why bother, they are getting there fast enough under their own steam?

Someone send Chubby Leader an E-mail telling him he's getting tedious.

There must be a finite limit to the number of threats he can chuck about and not act on.

War in Korea? It could never happen!

"Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

I don't know how or why but I'll be adding that to an email at work today.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I have just ordered my pet mouse to go over and beat up next door's cat.

I suspect it will be as successful as Kim-Il Fattie.

Wordsmith
True, but the last thing that area needs right now is a destabilising loony actually going beyond words. If I were the Americans, I'd be having a word with the Chinese along the lines of 'Your his protector so you're responsible if he attacks us."

"Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

I don't know how or why but I'll be adding that to an email at work today.
Dear colleagues,
Fantastic end of quarter financials and an up trend in customer interface satisfaction requires me to remind you that CRAZY LIKE WILD WOLVES THREATENED BY FIRE, SEND THEM ALL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA!!
Regards
Steven

Something along those lines SS?

True, but the last thing that area needs right now is a destabilising loony actually going beyond words. If I were the Americans, I'd be having a word with the Chinese along the lines of 'Your his protector so you're responsible if he attacks us."
The Chinese response would be along the lines of "You owe us $lots of trillions$ so shut up unless you want us to call in the debt".

True, but the last thing that area needs right now is a destabilising loony actually going beyond words. If I were the Americans, I'd be having a word with the Chinese along the lines of 'Your his protector so you're responsible if he attacks us...
... and if he does we will be really really cross so watch out!"
Are the Chinese renowned for their sense of humour?

Can't be much of a fight if they'll be using some Nebelwerfers, have they found some of SDKFZ 251 half tracks too?
Lucky they just managed to get the Mosquito flying again.

You want bill now or 'nother portion STFU with flied lice?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Someone send Chubby Leader an E-mail telling him he's getting tedious.

There must be a finite limit to the number of threats he can chuck about and not act on.
Unfortunately the tactic that has worked well for them for 60 odd years is sabre rattling and blackmail using the fate of their own population as hostages.

The more violent they are, the more the population suffers, the more they have been able to extort from the US, Japan Russia and China who they are good at playing off one against the other.

The situation is unlikely to change unless the Chinese are willing to pull the plug. The problem there is that the Chinese have viewed the DPRK as a buffer between them and US 'occupied' ROK. They also fear the collapse of the DPRK and the expense that will involve.

One possible solution would be Japan, the US and ROK promising to underwrite the cost of the collapse and the US promising to go home once post DPRK situation is stabilised.

It could also be in PRCs interest to have a more prosperous and cooperative country on the border of 2 of its poorest provinces and frankly better PR for them.

There is a new Chinese leadership. Hopefully they will make the same assessment as me. Signs are that they might be.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

"North Korea has ordered its military to be ready to strike US bases in Guam, Hawaii and mainland America, according to State TV."

Sounds like a shit Film that would appeal to gun nuts to me!

North Korean Generals are mad/bad/sad however they're not stupid enough to risk their comfy lifestyles knowing full well that China will not come and help them out this time and will soundly have their arses handed to them on a plate.
Still if they did try to invade just leave huge depots of rations and booze in their path and watch the offensive grind to a halt as some imaciated N.K soldiers see red meat or proper booze for the first time.

Dear colleagues,
Fantastic end of quarter financials and an up trend in customer interface satisfaction requires me to remind you that CRAZY LIKE WILD WOLVES THREATENED BY FIRE, SEND THEM ALL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA!!
Regards
Steven

Something along those lines SS?
The scary thing is with April on the horizon the end of year staff appraisals are due
and one or two of my drones have been here that long that they sign everything off I give them without reading it them scuttle off muttering about old days and wastes of time.

It's tempting.