N Korea shows its business as usual after Leader pops clogs

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by DesktopCommando, Dec 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. N Korea 'Test Fires Missile' After Kim's Death has reportedly conducted a short-range missile test - just hours after it revealed leader Kim Jong-il had died of heart failure aged 69.South Korea's Yonhap news agency quoted unidentified government officials as saying the missile was fired off the peninsula's east coast.It comes on the same day the North announced via state TV that Kim, who ruled for 17 years and tormented the West with his nuclear weapons testing, died on Saturday.People in the country's capital Pyongyang wept openly in the streets, while the rest of the world called for calm and South Korea put its military on high alert.Bet the South almost ND after that test.

2. Sounds like it was done specifically to show business as normal, with the range of missile chosen to avoid alarming too many neighbours.

Of course, maybe they'd have used a long range missile if he'd been taller.

If it's been sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk then I'm probably pissed.

3. The order has gone in for his gravestone quote:

"See, I told you I was Il"

• Like Like x 3
  4. "Carry on normal starving!"

• Like Like x 1
  5. It pains me to say it, but the government of North Korea almost, I repeat almost, makes the failed oaf Brown's attempt at government acceptable.

6. Any nation that eats dogs should be wiped from the face of the earth on general principals.

No problem with cannibals; you can eat Man, just don't hurt Man's Best Friend.:threaten:

• Like Like x 3
  7. What if it's a dog that says nasty things behind your back?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Looks like NK is doing a bit of Willy waving to tell everybody to back off

9. If you hear dogs talking in human voices, what they are saying about you is the least of your worries.^_~

• Like Like x 2
  10. So you fancy a pop at the Swiss! Why else do you think St Bernhards are so big? I'll hold your coat...ermmm I mean Tesco jacket!

11. Because all that Nazi gold means the Swiss can afford the best dog food?

12. Bump.

Looks like it may get interesting on the Peninsula:

Dictator's brother predicts coup in N Korea - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Aaaaaah, just another 3rd world country with 'the bomb'.

13. I read somewhere than -nam was the evil elder brother of -un and was not considered fit to follow -ill cos he was slightly mental. But maybe it was just because -nam tried to goto Japan on false plates.

What exactly would the military benefit from overthrowing a glove puppet they control? Maybe if -ill cuts defence spending but it seems the Kim-Jong breed of puppets and the military ar ein unison, unless they dont want war, but then, why would they not want war, its their job....

14. They wouldn't want war because being podgered senseless militarily and overseeing the complete collapse of the country is less profitable than sitting at the top if a highly-effective tool of national oppression.

If it's been sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk then I'm probably pissed.