N. Korea Proposes H-Bomb Test

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Not_Whistlin_Dixie, Oct 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the Korea Times:

Korean-Japanese scholar who is considered North Korean leader Kim Jong-il’s unofficial spokesman said yesterday that Pyongyang has a hydrogen bomb it would test as part of a series of actions mentioned in its statement against the United States.

"North Korea Will Test H-Bomb" by Lee Jin-woo. 12 October 2006
  2. I dont fancy the odds much
  3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Barking. Utterly barking.

"The destiny of the Korean Peninsula will be decided within a week, and South Korea should maintain its neutral stance,’’ he said in a KBS radio interview. ``Seoul should request that Washington not mobilize U.S. Forces Korea (USFK) even if a war breaks out.’’

Take the drugs away, give the man a blanket and shut him away in a dark room.

Trouble is, do we think that some of the warhawks (let alone the fool in charge) in USA are much better when it comes to looking at the problem rationally?

We are living in interesting times!
  4. They're going to try an H-bomb - ah, doubling down on the bet...
  5. Can they try the H-Bomb over Portsmouth?
  6. If I was a wily oriental as opposed to the 'hun that comes out of the sun',
    I would be inclined to stuff a few hundred tons of military explosives into a mine shaft, detonate it, then watch and listen to the conniptions of the present nuclear powers as they fall over themselves to give me what I really want; more brandy, a few drugs and a slack handful of western hookers, plus a new golfing handicap of zero. (For those of you who don't know, I scored seven holes in one in my first game of golf.)
    Kim Il Sung. Beloved leader of several million half-wits.
  7. An H bomb (classical Staged Radiation Implosion design) is very very difficult to get right. We (The UK) had a couple of goes before we got it right - (airdropped it from a bomber though :D )

NK cannot even get past a fizzle at the moment and their last ICBM test crashed into the sea about 10 seconds after launch.

As a credible nuclear threat they rank about the same as the Antartic. If they get their act together before their society implodes, China will have Kim removed and replaced by a more supplicant puppet.
  8. "China will have Kim removed and replaced by a more supplicant puppet. "

Yes now that sounds very Oriental to me.
    Good call Fozzey.