N Korea\China V Japan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by SKJOLD, Dec 15, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4097031.stm

8O

2. what ? half starved soldiers fighting with 1970s technology ? i can see it now the invasion of the living dead :lol:

3. Bring em on. Just more little commie twats for us and the spams to mallet!! :D

the only way they can win is by huge numerical advantage, and you know what that means??

More targets for us to nail!! 8)

agent smith

4. And no doubt they'll all just topple like dominoes, eh Smudger?

Didn't the US have a theory about that a few years ago....?

5. Before we get too dismissive, don't forget, it was the Japanese view of American trade tariffs and sanctions that caused them to attack Pearl Harbour. The buggers put alot into the idea of 'face'. I really wouldn't put it past them. It was North Koreans and Chinese troops using 1930s and 40s technology that damned near kicked us out of Korea the first time around.

6. Hordes is the correct expression, however there are (literally) billions if the Chinese get involved again. Human wave tactics may work this time as we in the West have gone fairly soft and touchy huggy feely (imagine the pictures on CNN or Sky News of thousands of slaughtered bodies and the public reaction), besides the Yanks are bad enough at Blue-on-Blue when they are supposedly using disciplined fire! :twisted:

7. I actually , physically looked at the top of my screen, to see if I had inadvertently logged in to Military.com

8. I'm reminded of the old saying "quantity has a quality all of it's own."
    You'd need more than 36 Bns to stop those bu**ers when they get going.

9. The only thing that's going to stop DPRK once they let the brakes off for "Families Reunited 2005" is TacNukes. One Million + Soldiers heading for Ronnie Macs Seoul, will take a hell of a lot of stopping.

And I see you committ British Forces to this exercise Mr. Smith , on what justification?

10. It would be a shame for all that effort developing them to go to waste. :D

Seriously though, if they do try something as mad as an invasion, and it isn't beyond the bounds of possibility, then controlled nuking is probably the method of choice for stopping them. It would also send a very strong signal to the PRC re Taiwan.

11. And I see you committ British Forces to this exercise Mr. Smith , on what justification?[/quote]

That he's a prick.

The start of a third WW or even a nuclear war is something to brag about on a web site. Do your homework kid , Korea 1950's Do you really think we won that one?

I'm off to join the fcuking peace corp.

12. Actually the Korean War never ended , not formally any way. A cease fire has been in effect since 27 July 1953.

The DPRK is slowly falling apart. The Chinese have deployed several hundred thousand troops to their border to stop the North Korean's from entering China. The Chinese face two choices when the regime collapses install a Chinese puppet regime or allow for unification under the ROK.

As for China I see problems in the future over Taiwan. The Chinese Navy is building all types of amphibious ships [LPD's and LST's], submarines and other surface ships. They have deployed large numbers of ballistic missiles opposite Taiwan and have the best aircraft in the air force in the area as well. Chinese subs have been tracked near US carrier groups. The only thing stopping an invasion of Taiwan is the USN. If the Chinese can figure out a way to keep the US from intervening I would say that by 2008 they will have the means to launch an amphibious assault on Taiwan.

13. B*gger the special relationship!

A billion versus 300 million?

I know which side my sesame toast is buttered on - time to get out the chopsticks! :wink:

14. Tomahawk6 wrote:

"As for China I see problems in the future over Taiwan. The Chinese Navy is building all types of amphibious ships [LPD's and LST's], submarines and other surface ships. They have deployed large numbers of ballistic missiles opposite Taiwan and have the best aircraft in the air force in the area as well. Chinese subs have been tracked near US carrier groups. The only thing stopping an invasion of Taiwan is the USN. If the Chinese can figure out a way to keep the US from intervening I would say that by 2008 they will have the means to launch an amphibious assault on Taiwan."

KEEPING USA OUT OF THE FIGHT

1. Supersonic, nuclear-capable anti-shipping missiles such as the Moskit.

2. Thanks to the Clinton administration, they've got high precision guidance systems and multiple independently targeted warheads on their intercontinental ballistic missiles. Also, far fewer of their rockets blow up on launch thanks to these (to say the least) ill-advised technology transfers.

3. People's Bank of China has the second largest foreign-owned stash of US Treasury securities on the planet. (Japan is #1 here.) If, one fine morning, they called up their broker and said "sell it all," we'd be screwed. Interest rates would abruptly jump to a level that would crash the economy. (I recognize that that the cost to China would also be astronomical.)

4. The manufacture of consumer dry goods for the USA market has mostly been transferred abroad, much of it to the Orient and much of it to China. If that were interrupted.....?

Last summer, we had seven carrier groups steaming around there as part of "Operation Summer Pulse." They sent Condi to Beijing to reassure the Chinese that this op was not anti-China saber-rattling. Whether this assurance was believed is something I don't know. My W.A. guess is that it wasn't.

I could guess that maybe one consequence of this op was to fill the Chinese government with determination to acquire the means to neutralize seven carrier groups simultaneously.

15. Didnt the Japs try that one last time around?