N.Korea a Button-Click from Launching Missile

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by NEO_CON, Jun 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. And what?

2. So what ?

The Dear Leader knows he is safe from the US as he has no oil, a credible WMD threat and is not posing a real threat to CONUS. He also knows that should he - even for a moment - look like starting something the Chinese will steamroller his little slice of 1950 and have him shot.

3. Not too worrying. North Korea isn't really overburdened with friends. China wouldn't be happy about it having ICBM's, really.

4. Why has nobody yet picked up on the fact that the article posted so melodramatically by NEO_CON is entirely speculative? Nowhere does it say that this is actually going to happen. It's all "appears" and "seems to" stuff. It's making news of a vague notion!

MsG

5. Even MORE reason not to be worried then! It's all speculative. =)

6. This morning Fox News said that this Taepodong II is fueled up and ready to go. It was stated that they are waiting for it to stop raining before they push the button.

It was not clear to me how Fox News could possibly know this. I assume US intelligence agencies might be able to infer it from a combination of satellite photography and communications surveillance.

7. This is the statement that grabbed my attention

8. http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/06/20/nkorea.missile.reut/index.html

Various news agencies are reporting that the US has switched on its missile defence shield:

Washington Post:
    Can't see them actually being mad enough to shoot the thing down - especially if the N Koreans are able to claim this is a test of a satellite lauch vehicle.
    But imagine if they did - helluva live test for the American system... if it works.