N.I WWII One for the scholars. (Apologies to Caubeen)

The old badge of Northern Ireland District circa WWII was a bird sitting in a nest on a green background.

I was once told that there's a very funny joke attached to this if you have knowledge of ancient Greek or Latin (can't remember which). I do recall that said joke was related to me and it was, actually, quite funny in an "in joke-y" fashion. I'm buggered if I can remember what it was, or even the gist of it though...

Any ideas?

Biscuits_Brown said:
The old badge of Northern Ireland District circa WWII was a bird sitting in a nest on a green background.

I was once told that there's a very funny joke attached to this if you have knowledge of ancient Greek or Latin (can't remember which). I do recall that said joke was related to me and it was, actually, quite funny in an "in joke-y" fashion. I'm buggered if I can remember what it was, or even the gist of it though...

Any ideas?
Wasnt the one he had in the OPs room was it :)

badegg said:
The latin for bird's nest is "Nidus".
A bit like NI Dis(trict)?
My four penn'orth anyway.
That's part of it yeah... Still not jogging my memory for the rest though.. Thanks!

walt_of_the_walts said:
Quisnam blandior

I was searching for a suitable Latin reply old chap. But seeing as our language is rooted in the ancient... A paedophile is a paedophile is little boy's bottom botherer.