Mystery U2 track

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by _Artemis_, Jan 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bit of a long shot - I'm trying to hunt down a U2 track that I heard on the radio today. Must be quite a recent release judging by the way Bono's voice sounded (say, last 8 or 9 years) and probably a single. The only distinctive thing about it was an electronically altered voice in the background. Can't recall any lyrics. If anyone can place it from that I'll be amazed - posted in case anyone knows of a complete list of songs they've done, ordered by release date?
  2. Does this help at all? :oops:

U2 - HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB - Release Date: November 2004

1. Vertigo
    2. Miracle Drug
    3. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
    4. Love And Peace Or Else
    5. City Of Blinding Lights
    6. All Because Of You
    7. A Man And A Woman
    8. Crumbs From Your Table
    9. One Step Closer
    10. Original Of The Species
    11. Yahweh

U2 - ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND - Release Date: October 2000

1. Beautiful Day
    2. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
    3. Elevation
    4. Walk On
    5. Kite
    6. In A Little While
    7. Wild Honey
    8. Peace On Earth
    9. When I Look At the World
    10. New York
    11. Grace
    12. The Ground Beneath Her Feet (UK Only)

U2 - POP - Release Date: February 1997

1. Discotheque
    2. Do You Feel Loved
    3. Mofo
    4. If God Will Send His Angels
    5. Staring At The Sun
    6. Last Night On Earth
    7. Gone
    8. Miami
    9. The Playboy Mansion
    10. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
    11. Please
    12. Wake Up Dead Man
  3. The real mystery is why anyone would listen to the crap and propaganda coiled out by the sickly-saintly Mr right-on!
  4. Could it be from the "Lemon" album? That had some wierd stuff on it and I have to say, put me off them for a while.
    Cerunnos - shaddup :)
  5. Could it be the latest single: Get On Your Boots

Google it.
  6. And there I was, thinking you were after some clues as to where an American spy-plane had been flying.
  7. Seconded.
  8. Pfft, I'm not listening to the sanctimonious pseudo-political twaddle, I just like the track, whatever it is. Same way you like looking at Alesha Dixon but wouldn't want to hear her speak.

wg100 - not the most recent one, alas.

CK you star! Not from Behind or Bomb, though :( Wonder f it could be a mainstream non-album track?
  9. Have you looked at the Radio Station's website? Some stations will post a track list for each programme (Radio 2 is good at doing this, for instance).

The track might also be on the Best of 1990-2000 album, which has a number of remixed tracks which might well include the use of a vocoder (now if only Bono's dribbling about poverty and climate change could be fed through one of those and rendered unintelligible....) and electronically altered bits.
  10. Arch - that would be such a good idea if I knew what radio station it was :oops:

I've listened to clips from the Best Of and can't hear it - will just have to see if I hear it again somewhere, I guess :(
  11. Do you remember any lyrics? It might be worth searching using those?

Whatever, good luck!
  12. You could also try some of the tracks from "The Million Dollar Hotel" or "Passengers: Original Soundtracks 1."
  13. Unfortunately I can't recall any lyrics, Insty :( Trahere - I've had a listen to those two albums and it's not one of those tracks, but thanks for the suggestion. I need to find a U2 obsessive and hum it to them, I think!
  14. "Numb"? Released as a single in video only format.
  15. Nope, not Numb, damnit. It's been suggested that it was released last year - anyone know of a website that lists every track they've done, ordered by release date?