Mystery missile launched of californian coast

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by OMG1, Nov 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dont tell me the yanks have lost another nuke! ;)
  2. Would bet on it being a GBI (Ground Based Interceptor) launch. Saw one myself a few years back from Vandenberg, while in Nevada, which is quite a long way away. They link, I believe with a site in Alaska and make up lots of stories to cover themselves. Mulder and Scully would be proud.
  3. Do my eyes deceive me or is there a civilian airliner, navigational lights and all, clearly visible during the first few seconds of launch?
  4. Looked like a chinook to me.
  5. Delayed Bonfire Night celebration?
  6. "A Navy spokesperson told KFMB it wasn't their missile. He said there was no Navy activity reported in the area Monday evening."

So a bloody great big missle pops up out the oggin and they know nothing of it?
    If they're lying, why not just tell the truth if it was just a test?
    If they're not lying the Yanks should be bloody worried if some one is tooling about just off shore with a missle armed sub.
    Bollox they know nothing about it.
  7. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Which way was it going?

8. Up? ....................................
  9. A bit surprising if it was a test as the USCG and FAA usually send out lots of notice for a test. It might be it was a ND by a USN ship but the navy should know of that. (it would not be a career advancing event for the CO).

Then again it could be that the aliens are sick of life on Earth and were flying back to the mother ship from LA.
  10. Not a lot of coverage here in Florida but my son lives in LA and said the news there was saying away from the coast.
  11. ND? How I thought Ballistic Missles needed two guy several feet apart to turn separate keys just to switch the system on and not just a case of some berk pressing the wrong button and going "oooops my bad". Though I am going off that fillum with Lex luthor and Malcom x and a load of guns going off in a big metal tube with loads of shouting even though theres a Russkie sub in the near area trying to sink them. Named after some sort of female sanitary protection.
  12. "We've got a Broken's what we call it when we lose a Nuclear Weapon."

"I don't know what scares me more; losing a Nuclear Weapon or the fact that it happens so often we actually have a name for it!"
  13. That's one hell of an advertising stunt for the new Call of Duty...
  14. ND i reckon.......B-)