• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Mystery CVR(T)s Spotted - Any thoughts

P

PrinceAlbert

As already stated, Warminster had a fleet of gash old AFVs with all sorts of shit put on them to play as enemy. They were Grey(ish) in colour. Though they left Warminster sometime in 2002/3

Travelgall

MIA
Kit Reviewer
Could be foreign stuff over here to train. I saw some Froggies in Military March on the M25 in Kent a few weeks back. I would usually worry seeing the French Army in Kent - they've been too quiet for too long, but since they were heading for the Ferry I assumed they weren't invading.

Could be foreign stuff over here to train. I saw some Froggies in Military March on the M25 in Kent a few weeks back. I would usually worry seeing the French Army in Kent - they've been too quiet for too long, but since they were heading for the Ferry I assumed they weren't invading.
Don't be so sure! Damn sneaky those continental types! Mind you, all we have to do is get a few Welsh women in national costume to swan around and they will leg it.

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
Does it never worry any of you English that not only do you still have a major Scottish infantry unit posted down in the South east, almost as near as you can bet to 'La Belle France', but that it was recently involved in a number of exercises with FRA Army units?

It could possibly lead to a a resurrection of the 'Auld Alliance' and a sneak attack................

Travelgall

MIA
Kit Reviewer
Does it never worry any of you English that not only do you still have a major Scottish infantry unit posted down in the South east, almost as near as you can bet to 'La Belle France', but that it was recently involved in a number of exercises with FRA Army units?

It could possibly lead to a a resurrection of the 'Auld Alliance' and a sneak attack................
Nah, Scottish Regiments can be rounded up by arranging a match at Twickenham and sticking anybody in a Fiji shirt in a POW camp.

Could be some Sturgeons or Salamanders come back from BATUS to be scrapped? About time as they were all in rag order. Must have missed that, as I'm in Romsey with the railway line behind my house.

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
Nah, Scottish Regiments can be rounded up by arranging a match at Twickenham and sticking anybody in a Fiji shirt in a POW camp.

You are only talking about the Fijian contingent, remember to catch the 'native' contingent (especially on a millionaires weekend, they'll be all over the South East and all points North) you'll need to bait traps with bottles of Buckfast ala Wiley Coyote style...........

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Shhh......time for the Revolution...you will also see SLR`s and Puttees in the near future!
good point, we need to make sure that wee eck doesn't meet anyone from the UAE or we will end up with scots militia on the wall with FNs - we'd be slaughtered.

First they take Timbukto, they they move on London.

maninblack

LE
Book Reviewer
There are several companies around the world offering CVR(T) upgrades, in the UK this includes BAE Systems at Donnington and Repaircraft at Cranleigh. CVR(T) is now seen once more as a sexy and capable platform and a lot of countries are looking to rework their fleets; several hundred remain in service around the worlds and ther is no replacement. I would put money on BAE Systems offering news build vehicles within a couple of years following the success of the Scimitar upgrade involving a completely new build hull.

It could be a demonstrator unit or even an old museum piece.

Latest Threads