Mystery Box - Anyone Identify

Anyone know what these boxes are for?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

K13 or Dingerr will know.

On a serious note my only guess thanks to Mr Google, is US Army spare parts/tool boxes.

Edited: My mistake, punched in wrong serial number on box, no hits with the actual number.

Probably once used for storing bangy type stuff judging by the FFE stencil which has been put on the top one. I'm not current with new stuff but the

FFE5/00
AD536E

might help narrow it down until the likes of Dingerr do a ta da for us.

B

bokkatankie

Probably once used for storing bangy type stuff judging by the FFE stencil which has been put on the top one. I'm not current with new stuff but the

FFE5/00
AD536E

might help narrow it down until the likes of Dingerr do a ta da for us.
Agreed FFE5/00 may refer to date boxes no longer used for ammo.

I get lettering as follws:

AD 53 GE - Number plate for vehicle?

The shade/tone of brown doesn't quite look right for UK boxes - seems to be more 'mercan in colour imho.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
There's a brown line almost as if a tape seal has been in place at each end, can see in on top of lid and more clearly at end of lid

On a serious note my only guess thanks to Mr Google, is US Army spare parts/tool boxes.

Edited: My mistake, punched in wrong serial number on box, no hits with the actual number.
The US generally use Olive drab as their container colours.

There's a brown line almost as if a tape seal has been in place at each end, can see in on top of lid and more clearly at end of lid
That will be from where 1inch tape banding secured it to pallets.

It's a box for Iranian nuclear warheads. That's why it has FFE stencilled on it!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
FFE = Certified Free from Explosives and explosive contamination.

05/00 = processed in may 2000

AD53GE = will be the unique identifying code of the person in charge of the CFFE process. Which tells me these have been processed through DM Longtown.

I haven't come across this type of ACA before, so it suggests to me that it's for ammunition systems that have come into service in the last 4 years.

As a bet technical guess I think it is most likely that it held inert ammunition components (it will still be classified as ammunition).

There should be an ACA (Ammunition Container Assembly) embossed in the base. Most of the details have been browned out, but you can usually make the details out.

Also on the inside of the lid there should still be a packing label detailing the container contents.

There should be an AF G904, FFE cert which also might gives some details (although they often don't).